barbieq25

Barbieq25 Gallery - New collab with Welshblue p.1

After many year @welshblue& I have worked on a collab. As often is the case, we have come up with different versions & we could not decide which one we liked best, so we we kept them all. I have many plants & I have a home nursery. The plant I photographed for the collab is the flower from a succulent called Black Knight. It has the most amazing black petals in the bright sun with dark red flowers. 

The glass is from @welshblue's Vector Style Glass Pane 

k5454U.png

kfVkZ4.png

Welshblue is still finalising the dark Black Knight but it is worth the wait. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with my friend again.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Also, finally able to replicate @Woodsy's awesome rework after downloading an updated version of Laplacian Pyramid Filter. :D So I guess you could say we did a collab.

Thanks again Woodsy!

j5NiyQ.png

Liquid Titanium

tG4tBy.png

Rainbow Titanium Rain

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

As always   As it always was ... it was a pleasure to work with such a great subject matter.  Really attractive plants.

As I say, was a pleasure my friend

Will finalise the 'Dark' one and get it posted

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Seerose& @lynxster4 thanks so much. We really do appreciate the comments. Even though we are on the other side of the world from each other, @welshblue& I grow some of the same plants. Here it is easy to grow succulents because it is hot & dry for much of the year. Northern hemisphere is much colder esp. in Wales but it can be done. It is much harder to grow cold climate plants because the light goes off in the fridge & hubby would have a fit :D :D:D 

Growing the plants, photographing them & working with a talented artist, for me is one of life's pleasures :star: 

• Like 2

Thanks @JulioCoolio ... the red one was a complete surprise to me and I loved it instantly.   It was a great shot to work with

On 9/7/2019 at 10:48 AM, barbieq25 said:

It is much harder to grow cold climate plants because the light goes off in the fridge & hubby would have a fit :D :D:D 

🤣

My wife isn't too impressed when she opens the fridge and finds seeds and compost having some stratification because there's been a no show.

I'm lucky that I don't lose too much to our wonderful wet weather over winter.  Plenty of drainage and good quality fleece gets most through the winter.

Losses ... a great reason to go on a plant hunt.

I thought of you yesterday.  I saw a wicker chair, and the seating part was a mat of different sempervivums and aeoniums.  Wow it looked good

• Like 1

I have a wicker chair beside me in my office. It is old & fragile but it still gets used until it dumps one of us on the floor. 

Semps & aeoniums I am not good with (I have killed too many) but dang they make a lovely show. 

So do you put the fleece around the pots to keep them warm? How different it is to grow the same plants in a different part of the world :D