Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Ishi, the flowers are done by line tool & lots of layers. I posted up the photo that I took it from. I really don't think I can do a mini tute on this. It was painstaking hours of work. 

8SdIOh.jpg

I use either Bezier curves or the spline one (whichever works better for me at the time) use the right mouse button to move the curves. Once I am happy with the single line, I add a new layer & draw the next line. I can only do one curved line at a time because that is the limitation of the tool's nubs. Once I have the next one done, I merge it down. All the flowers are on their own layer. I used a bit of blur for the centre (again on its own layer) & the flowers were Drop Shadowed individually. 

The white dots are on their own layer as well as the little stamen bits which were either Drop Shadowed or I used Outline object on very low settings. The petals were coloured with the paint bucket & added the extra depth by drawing lines & then using a combination of blurs (I think it was Fragment, Splinter, & True Blur) & repeating the layers until I was happy with the depth of colour. 

Does this help at all? I did the Dickie Birds the same way but they didn't take nearly as long. :D

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Barbieq. I appreciate the fact that you did try to explain how they were made.

I don't use Bezier curves. I'd just use a line tool to make curves manually though I think its edges wouldn't look clean. I'm impressed on how neatly you've made them. They are almost vector graphics like.

I get the concept. Its not complicated as it seems. I should try it sometimes.

But I'm the lazy type. If it was me, I'd just have one master image of the flower for instance and just duplicate them on different layers and try to distort and resize each one of them manually so they differ from each other. Remember my autumn pic? That's what I did with the maple leaves there. hahaha

Edited by Ishi

Thanks EER :D

Thank you Maximillian. 

Ishi, we all have different ways of working. Some images come together very quickly. Others take time. I enjoy the process sometimes more than the end product :D

Thank you Helen & Seerose. 

I had to make this one. As much to see how the orchid would look like isolated from the green non-descript background.  Photomanip of an orchid someone posted on a Facebook page that I belong to. Again the scroll is clipart.

mBnuMC.png

• Upvote 3
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

In Australia, it is very hot at this time of the year. Not much on TV so my other crafts get a break Seerose :D I know you will like this one :D

In our backyard we have a pond with fish that I sometimes sell when there are too many. I planted a waterlily because I love them so much. I tried to look after it but the cyclone damaged a lot of my plants & the dogs got into the pond. I thought that all the fish & water plants were dead. I was wrong & then on Saturday I noticed a lily! I was so excited & I took photos of them in the pond. It was hard to get a good macro so I cut one & brought it inside to snap. The result is below.

The background is Chad's concrete tute with an overlay of gold gradient (did it a long time ago & just keep it as stock but I will post it up for people to use if wanted). Used Colour Tint to get it to the silvery colour. 

Plus a bit of my other background (Dream wallpaper, plus Calla Lily bottom part) with layer blend modes/adjusted opacity & Colour Tint. 

The heart I did for a SOTW I think from a reference image & I used Colour Tint to change it from red to pink. 

The lilies are my own photos which I cleaned to have a clear background. With a Drop Shadow.

GuRR8J.png

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Maximillian, Helen & Seerose. 

Last year I did some work with stone textures (or the year before :P

To continue this theme & to celebrate formally becoming an Australian Citizen, I present Southern Cross. The tree, in part was clip art, the rest is PDN. Again Chad's concrete tute was used for the background.

cQ3P5d.png

• Upvote 4
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Max & Red. Combining the love of gardening with photography & PDNing is so therapeutic :D

A fellow gardener posted a photo that his father-in-law took of his desert rose & gave me permission to create a wallpaper. 

Curly lines & the background was the roses in a smaller image Splinter Blurred at max & then resized. The heart is one that I created ages ago & used Colour Tint. 

rtEpaa.png

• Upvote 3
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Barbieq, all of the photomanips look stunning! I especially like the one with the water lillies, the rugged concrete background is a nice contrast to the delicate flowers  :)

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

Thank you Max & Red. Combining the love of gardening with photography & PDNing is so therapeutic :D

A fellow gardener posted a photo that his father-in-law took of his desert rose & gave me permission to create a wallpaper. 

Curly lines & the background was the roses in a smaller image Splinter Blurred at max & then resized. The heart is one that I created ages ago & used Colour Tint. 

rtEpaa.png

BBQ, I just love all your wallpapers! You have a distinct style going on. I would be proud to have them grace my computer.    B)