Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Well, I came here to comment on the big version and it's disappeared again ?

I did see it briefly and remember it looked good - hey 'dark' is your style - it makes your colours more vibrant too.

(having said that one of my favourite tracks is George Harrison's 'Beware of Darkness').

Good luck getting the gallery back up (all that horrible BB code!). ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Shadows of the Heart: Nicely done, Barbie!  You've woven a rich tapestry of color and shadow, and the flames around the edge really frame the work well.  A bit of a departure from your usual style, but a welcome addition to a fantastic body of work.

By the way, what font did you use?

Edited by RedBeard

Thanks everyone for persisting with trying to view the image despite code issues. I appreciate the time you take to leave comments very much.

Redbeard the font was Evanescence (hope I spelled it right), downloadable for free on Dafont.

Yes, my works are dark but sometimes that is how I feel too. Promise I will try to produce a lighter one :)

I hope everyone goes & tries out this fantastic tute: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/23765-simple-glossy-ringtorus-revisited-image-heavy/?hl=torus

It is easy to follow & produces really great results.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Yellowman your comments are always much appreciated. I do believe that the background can make or break an image. Thanks for the feedback.

Red ochre, that is a lovely song. Reminds me of Journey Journey for some reason. Very cool!

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Ok here is a new one & hope the thumb code works. 

Cannot get the thumbs to work...

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/HellComesSoftly_zpseb935ebf.png

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

WoW!  The thumb is certainly working and what a beautiful sight :)  The texture is so silky and smooth and soft-looking.  A fabulous outcome.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Pixey, Goonie & Helen, thanks so much for your support. 

I cannot see a thumb here but the link to the image is.

Tried again to get the thumb up - it just says - You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Doesn't work either way if I have the icon switched or not EER.

Very sad.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Barbie I get that problem as well. I assume you are using the reply box at the bottom of the page?  Once you have pasted the thumb code  click on `More Reply Options' and it usually sorts itself out. You will still get the warning but just ignore it, click on preview and  then post. It should not be necessary to jump through these hoops just to post a thumbnail but it seems to work. I have posted one of my images below to show it works.( hope you don`t mind me posting an image in your thread) 

th_BlastfromthePast.jpg

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yeah, just when you think you are starting to get on top of things you realise that you are in fact standing on opaque clingwrap :D

Sometimes the smallest most innocuous events plunge us into a fire-pit. (You understand :D)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the thought of colored clingwrap appeals to me :D Or even designs...imagine one of the wonderful images we see here as a clingwrap design. I'd be thin for sure since I could not bring myself to tear it open ;)

Ok, well I have been busy & as part of the "pay it forward" year that I have embarked on, I decided I would make some sigs for the lovely crochet ladies on FB (I can hear that Welshy!). So I am posting them here too. It is quite a lot of fun to get a brief & then try to complete it. The antique/shabby chic one was hard & it made me think. The others were kinda cruisy till I lost one that I just loved the background on in the middle of a save. Not a happy camper since I can never recall what I did. Write it down yes, but it disrupts the creative process something shocking.

CarinaCanales_zps288e0de7.png

CarolBoljevicBabalicious_zpsacc9cf67.png

MaikkiGonzalez_zps98968549.png

MichelleKokVanAardt_zps3da61b4e.png

Trish_zps9a036250.png

The rose, vintage border & wallpaper background are all stocks from somewhere. 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Nice work - some very clever backgrounds!

I wonder if the dark outlines/drop shadows on the text and roses are a bit too dark especially on the first one?

Love the lace and embossed effect though! - and the quilted effect on the 'Maikki' one is very effective too.

Good to see you posting new work - hope the computer is well behaved!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg