barbieq25

Barbieq25 Gallery - New collab with Welshblue p.1

Beautiful work.  You have a wonderful artistic style.

The Welsh Roses was one of my favorites. Absolutely gorgeous piece. I agree with Aislin: it looks as though you could reach out and grab the ball and pull it out of the picture. Nice work!

Edited by RedBeard

Wow. Mistletoe without the wine. Not a thistle in sight for me

Excellent, awesome background. And an even better one for the glossy centre for the orb. Love the colours, very barbiequish :);)

Oh Jaxon, you gave me such a laugh. Thanks for stopping by & commenting. We all need an injection of laughter at times & I love the way you think. :lol:

Yep, laughter is pretty good medicine.

All seriousness aside... Your ThistleDown Wallpaper is another beautiful example of your talent.

Have to agree with everything that has already been said.Your dark work always makes me go back for a second look just in case I have missed something.Inspirational! All the best for the new year. :)

Question for you - the arrows and line pattern you use around the orb, are those just straight line tool? I know, it's a dumb question, but I have always wondered and didn't think to ever ask till now. For some reason, I like the pattern better on the bottom left instead of in the orb. I mean, the jewel pattern on the bottom left instead of in the orb. Either way, it's a pretty design.

New work...the wire frame is modified from a stained glass pattern. Some of the elements of the face are saved from previous works but got a bit of modding - except for the lips. I like the way they turned out so I am not messing with them coz they ain't busted :P

th_Charlie.png

Charlie 1920 x 1080 Wallpaper

Thanks Helen. I am glad you like it. As noted on Fans, it is the Charleston look that I wanted for her. Art Deco, I think is one of those styles that I will often revisit.

Sokagirl, what a treat to have you back here! Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope to see a lot more from you.

Tried to look up Charleston's art work, and only got Charleston, a town in South Carolina. I remember you had made something like this, let me look...(at my dA favorite collections, that is), and I see at least 3 pieces you did that had similar faces. "Hear No Evil," "Spring Queen," and "I See Red" are the pieces that jumps out at me with similar styles. It's good to see those styles from you again. Been a while. Not that I don't enjoy your abstract pieces.

Charleston Dance Becomes Popular (1923): The Charleston dance became popular after appearing along with the song, "The Charleston," by James P. Johnson in the Broadway musical Runnin' Wild in 1923.

Although the origins of the dance are obscure, the dance has been traced back to blacks who lived on an island off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina (which is why the dance is called "Charleston"). The Charleston dance had been performed in black communities since 1903, but did not become internationally popular until the musical debuted in 1923.

The music for the Charleston is ragtime jazz, in quick 4/4 time with syncopated rhythms.

The dance uses both swaying arms and the fast movement of the feet. To begin the dance, one first moves the right foot back one step and then kicks backwards with the left foot while the right arm moves forward. Then both feet and arms are replaced to the start position and the right foot kicks forwards while the right arm moves backwards. This is done with a little hop in between steps.

The Charleston dance became extremely popular in the 1920s, especially with Flappers. The dance could be done by oneself, with a partner, or in a group.

Source: http://history1900s.about.com/od/1920s/qt/charleston.htm

• Upvote 1

Congratulations on the Monet.Nice one.

Yes I think you have caught the whole 20's atmosphere here. (I might be wrong but I think this was when it became HIP for females to have male names,all part of the mini revolution that was happening).Cool piece!

• Upvote 1

HIP - now that is something I have not heard in a long time but so good! Yes, I agree with the male names thing but also at this time there were many rights for women being enforced, motor cars (those awful machines :lol: electricity became much more common, so many advances) Post-war & they were looking at a brave new world. I love that era more than any other.

I hear Hip all the time. It goes click ... sometimes I go ooow :lol:

Charlie is beautiful. All the elements, which are really nicely done go together beautifully and the glow under her shoulders brings it all together.

Love it

• Upvote 1

Welshy you are funny! Thanks so much for the positive comments. :lol:

th_ADSummerLove2.png

AD Summer Love 2

th_BackinTime.png

Back in Time - Chaosscope & PDN

Edited by barbieq25

Your work always makes me happy. I LOVE your color choice and your ideas. The flowers are gorgeous in Summer Love and look like little trumpets. The different-colored lines are amazing in Back in Time and the wheel seems to be moving--couldn't have been made better to depict time travel. :)

• Upvote 1

@NMD: Perhaps now is when I should use that link to the other thread? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Its from Chaoscope. Essentially a Fractal/Flame generator image. Then some solid PDN work to incoporate it ...

• Upvote 1