Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Welshy, I mentioned to hubby that you would understand/like the Lost one & the JLP. That song & album saved my sanity on a few occasions.

I'd love to see your version of the concept. Again our ideas are often so similar.

Helen, thank you. You are the one I look to for the glossies & I tried to replicate the gloss from your Galaxy balls but somehow I am not sure about the gloss on the Lost balls. Looking at the ones in your sig, I think I have the botom part all wrong. I'd really appreciate your suggestions here.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

th_CelticCat-1.png

Celtic Cat

The TX ones are manipulated (heavily mostly) with PDN & are 1920x1080 WP, so they are huge.

th_Motorhead.png

Motorhead - name appropriate I think

th_Oilpressurereleasevalvev21920x1080WP.png

Oil pressure release valve, because that is the TX components

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Well I had the cylinder head all cut out & then wondered what to do with it. A bit of PI & that is what came out & an idea was forming.

The face part I used Wet Floor on. Decided that maybe I should use that part for his cheeks/jaw. Then decided that would make nice wings...quite a few hours later...

Hubby said I should call it the Yama-God of the OmniPhase tribe.

I know you don't like cats. I actually liked it with just the black one but then I like the swirly colours one too. Might go back & work these 2 some more.

Also looking forward to seeing a metal face from you because if anyone can, you can.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

AGJM, I hadn't seen your post till now but trust me your work is good & you will get better at achieving the look you want with more practice.

Here is a stack of new ones that I haven't posted on here yet:

th_ToysintheAtticWP-1.png

Toys in the Attic WallPaper - WOTW Comp entry that got 3rd!

:lol:

th_BlueOrchid.png

Blue Orchid

th_Embrailled.png

Embrailled - the texture is from paper towel that was subjected to a variety of plugins & blend modes long since forgotten.

th_SpringQueen.png

th_TimeFlies.png

Time Flies. An image that I did over the weekend to show my techie friend how I use the program. He is my best friend, next to hubby & I miss him heaps. Time has flown since we moved up here.

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Helen, Moninca & Welshy - thanks guys for your great support.

I have lost some wonderful friends too. Even as we speak, my best friend is in hospital after having a heart attack. She is a few years older than me but not that many. So much sadness.

So while I was thinking of her I finished some images. Art is my therapy & my wonderful husband knows that only too well.

Enjoy!

th_Infinitesimo.png

Infinitesimo

th_Kenzi.png

Kenzi

th_Kilted.png

Kilted

th_TheRoseofPeter.png

The Rose of Peter - a rose photo my brother took

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

The Howler & NMD - thanks guys for stopping by & commenting. I am glad you like them but please if there is something I could improve or change, please don't be afraid to say so.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Sorry to hear about your friend, barbie. It's really tough to deal with situations like you're dealing with now. And even though these latest art pieces are precious and superb they sort of make me me sad. I think it's because of the story behind all this.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Art is my escape from reality. Those blissful hours where I don't have to think about anything other than the creation of art even if it means scrapping it, Watching colours & shapes do their thing to comfort & regenerate me. There could be worse places Helen. There is emotion in art good & bad.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks guys. The lotus one looks like a firm favourite. Thanks so much for stopiing by & commenting. I means a lot to me to hear how others perceive my works.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Very, very, very, very *20 minutes later* very, very, very amazing. Real good job.

To make all this gold, you use the same formula you've added to your tutorial, do you? As in bevel --> curves --> fastFX etc...

2cckl15.png

Thanks Helen :D

Yep, llke, that is what I do but I play with the settings a bit. After a while you get to know which ones to tweak. It is just a matter of practice. Thanks so much for stopping by. Glad you like my works. If there is anything I can help you with, just ask.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012