Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

I love the gold work in the phoenix artwork! amazing! Connections is great! What an awesome idea! And Christian is soo thoughtful! It has meaning and is really well done.

If you dont mind me asking, How do you get that metal work design?

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

I love the gold work in the phoenix artwork! amazing! Connections is great! What an awesome idea! And Christian is soo thoughtful! It has meaning and is really well done.

If you dont mind me asking, How do you get that metal work design?

For the wireish metal I used the splatter brushes in basic yellow & then did the same gold technique as in this tute.

Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments.

Also the tute for the images in panels is up for those of you who asked for it.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Oh barbie, you leave me in awe. The golden wire patterns are astounding! The Phoenix bird is lovely--it's abstract-like. The "Christian" image is so beautiful. The colors work so well together making it a rich image. The blocks abstract is very clever! Wow to all your work!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 2 weeks later...

Unfurled is great! Just awesome! "new" connections is great too, but I like the first one you posted better. I liked how there was a lot of depth in the first posted connections. Just my opinion though.

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Julio & Helen.

I've not posted up much work as real life work has kept me very busy. Some of you on Fans know that I had an awful experience at work but I am fine now. I work 2 jobs & asked for time off from the other one but they thought it was best to inundate me with excess work. I was so tired & I tried to rest as much as I could. Don't you just hate it when other people think they know what is best for you? Now I have a bad cold but it will get better.

I took time today to finish some of the works I had started. I am rather happy with the outcomes since I finally worked out how to do what I wanted.

If you can see anything that needs to be changed, please let me know. I appreciate the time you take for commenting. :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Chrisco. It took ages for me to get the glass ball looking right. I tried to replicate the gold trim on another image & it wouldn't work for me. The good thing about saving images as a .PDN as well as .PNG means that I can reuse it rather than having to re-create it.

Thanks Aislin. I really could not decide whether to put a blue colour in or not. I had to ask my husband & then we spent ages turning the layers on & off to decide. In the end I went with the blue. I felt the original blue in the background was too bright so I overlayed it with the good old concrete texture.

With each image there is a lot of angsting so your comments mean that I made a good decision. Art, after all involves a lot of process.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012