Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Thanks so much Sokagirl! You'll all be pleased to know the person who critiqued the WIP thinks the final version is awesome. I was really beginning to question my abilities.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Well I'm glad to hear that because if that person didn't like it then he or she needs to have his or her eyes examined .

The pizza of awesomeness - wow that is so cool :D Thanks MA, your comments are much appreciated. Good to see you back posting.

Thanks Sokagirl. This person has a great deal of artistic knowledge & has my respect - hence the angst otherwise my response would have been two words. All is good & peace reigns supreme again. Love your AOTW entry. Still planning mine & it centres around fire too. Great minds think alike. Not that there are too many elements to choose from eh?

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

See DA link...

I miss having your gallery here Barbieq..when I got stuck on something I'm working on, it was good to take time out and browse through your fantastic works..it always gave me inspiration to go back to my wip and look at it with fresh eyes

please bring it back soon !:D

thanks

regards j.d.

j.d. gallery is now updated. I am always ready to help a fellow artist - just ask & I'll help where I can.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

j.d. gallery is now updated. I am always ready to help a fellow artist - just ask & I'll help where I can.

thanks Barbieq.. :mrgreen: good to see you back

love the new piece.."top marks"

although having had the chance to view your DA gallery I am fancinated by "caged raven" and "angels butterflies" ..they really are "amazing" pieces.. :star:

thanks for sharing,

regards j.d.

Oh j.d! I am so glad that something good came out of this. Things happen for a reason. I am pleased you like those two. They are earlier works but I can still look at them & not cringe.

Thanks for popping over there to take a look too. I do appreciate your efforts esp since those images are not here anymore.

Thank you also for your kind comments on the Cold, Cold Light. :)

Welshy, I tried to get just the background but I had erased parts & the foreground covered it but I did have a bit more of a play with it. I like the colours in this metal. Anyone that has ever seen metal coming off a lathe will know that you get these fantastic colours & the variation depends on the type of metal.

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I liked cold, cold light but cold metal has moved it up a notch or 3. I've done a lot with metal over the years and that does look like swarf ... beautiful image and a great use of Trail

Thanks Welshy! Swarf used to fascinate me. Every type of metal comes out different & has different colours.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks, Sokagirl! I am jealous of your fine work too! Thanks for stopping by.

Two new works! SOTW!

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

hi barbieq..

what are you people trying to do to me? I stay away for a couple of days cramming tuts. and uploading plugins trying to organise some "art" to maybe display in a gallery :( ....I come back and, what do you know? :/

barbieq has been very busy and produced the most "amazing" cup of coffee I've ever seen..and "autumn" WOW :star:

then helen comes out with a "fantastic" basket of flowers..(that basket is great) :mrgreen:

and welshblue,,astral friends..it looks almost like a "dream" B)

and even L3RON is back..how long have I been gone?

Anyway,well done everyone,,your art is an inspiration to all who view. :mrgreen: (espcially me)

mine will have to stay on the back-burner for a little while longer..not up to scratch yet.. :roll:

regards j.d.

j.d. I'm very happy to help out if you need some advice. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your kind words too. You will get better. It takes time to understand how to use the plugins etc. You will find your own way of working.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

thank you Barbieq. will bear that in mind.

regards j.d.

No problem j.d. anytime, just give me a yell.

New work added. Keeper...full view for this one is a must. I'm kind - it's not huge.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

great colour Barbieq, and that eye almost feels like it's following you around the room >:O lovely piece.

regards j.d.

New work...Latest is all about time...as it flies by or you can see it as a city with its hectic lifestyle flying so fast & the changes that seem never ending.

An old one revisited & reworked as an abstract. Heavy use of trail...anyone else noticed the jaggies? I hate it! Seems I just cannot get a clean line these days - done all the usual.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Just a bit of the jaggies , don't matter because it doesn't take away the focus .. Well done , this one ought to be put in the Galleria ..