Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Thanks Heatstroke & Helen.

Hubby named the wallpaper. The Glass Seahorse is down to the Droste plugin & layer blends & Lance's tute on the glass sig helped a lot too.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Helen, Chrisco & Julio, thanks so much for your support. I really appreciate you taking the time to look & comment on my work. We all like to get some form of feedback on our works.

Welshy, you've not had an easy time of late & I have been busy knocking out a few. Sometimes it is easier & sometimes it is WIPs that finally work out.

The Panic one stalled for a bit & then - it just came together. Sometimes I try so hard to get something a certain way & I'm pushing uphill all the way. Finally, exhausted, I let the image have its own way & it then just works. Panic is what I felt that day.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

No been to your gallery in a couple of weeks and you have some excellent new works to show for it. Beautiful stuff ! I especially like Black Madjik !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

New work p.1.

It would be great to see some comments from others too. I spend a lot of time give C & C to others but not often do these ones stop by & leave a comment for me.

If it wasn't for the handful of comments, mostly from those who are on Fans or dA, my gallery would go unnoticed. It takes a bit of work to keep a gallery here & just because we've been around for a bit doesn't mean we don't need fresh eyes from new ones.

If I give you advice, do you check out my gallery to see if I know what I am talking about? And if you do is it too much to ask that you leave a bit of C & C? Some of the advice requires me to actually test it & that takes time.

Seriously, peeps, a bit of reciprocity would go a long way otherwise why should I bother??

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Axle, I hard a really hard time trying to get the surrounds for this one. Sometimes an image can stall because we are not sure how to proceed. Other elements can make or break the focus of the image. Your response lets me know that I got it right.

The second last one? The Panic one? Yes, probably because the twist is at odds with the greenish shape. That is it swirls opposite. You are the second person to mention that, so I might have to go back & revisit this one.

Thanks so much for taking the time. I really appreciate it very much.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I love everything about Calla - the gold, the colour of the flowers, the bar in the background.

A thought about Panic - maybe the twist swirls the opposite way, but when you feel panic, you feel like you don't know which way to go. Which is a bit how I'm feeling today, so in that way it's appropriate.

Helen, that is very heartening to hear. Happy Anniversary to your parents!

BP, thank you for your comments too. I had the original colour as pink but the green somehow appealed more to me. A bit different for me.

I agree with your comments on Panic. It can really make you feel like you don't know which way to turn & everything feels wrong. I will re-work this one at some point too. I hope the day gets better for you. I am glad that the feeling showed in my work. It means I hit the spot. Thankies!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

That's right MM, it doesn't always need to be busy to get the message across. As you say, it helps to focus on the centrepiece & gives a more tranquil feel.

P. 1 has a wallpaper that I did for my son. The bike is his. I used many of the techniques we've discussed on here to crate sigs & photomanips.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hey Dug, I've done another for the TX750 but I'll wait a bit yet before posting it. Might need a few tweaks.

Son loved it. In fact he phoned me as soon as he saw it. I'm over the moon!

I love doing the flowers but gee, I wish I had a tablet...all those lines & most of them on separate layers just to make sure all the curves line up. I love the deco style :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yes, that is what I'd like & yes they are compatible but not for the pressure sensitivity.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Calla is so beautiful. I can't think of how you could make it any better. So really beautiful.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Great new image! I love what you did with the Yamaha symbol!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.