Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Nemo & Chad, thanks heaps for the offer & yes please, Nemo but only if you can spare the time.

I'll go back & have a look a Possum's gallery again. Lovely works there!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

nice mushroom, maybe blur out/feather the edges of the white parts of it though, they seem to end tad sudden. Otherwise very nice, lovely background too. Very HELEN worthy (glossy :wink:)

Thanks everyone for your comments & for stopping in to see my work. (I've been here for a while now :lol: )

@ Nemo, yes I tried the feathering but it didnt seem to work well so in the end I think I bevelled the edges just a tad. I had changed the resolution & size & I think it mucked up a bit. Thanks for the feedback.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

The Midnight Mushroom is magical! You can make the ladybugs a little fuller by just adding a darker shadow on their sides, but that's not the big deal. It's an amazing and fantastic piece all together! I love the way you positioned the mushroom (and made it shiny) along with the grass and dragonfiles! Beautiful!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Lovely new piece i like it :D

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Its still a very nice picture, oh and maybe try using a circular gradiant? not sure but that may help (rotate/zoom it into the positions you wanted) :)

I love the scarabs; they look so precious. They were always so mysterious for me I dont' know why. And the Tequila Sunrise is beautiful! I love the flower-like faded out glow. Really sweet! :D

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

your newest works are absolutely great barbie keep up the great work.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

• 1 month later...

you have been on a real roll lately. I'm having a hard time keeping up. LOL!

of the latest this is my absolute fav. I love everything about this one. the chain work is so precise, and the blue center flower shape is ever so clever. yes absolutely of all your pieces this just speaks so clearly to my heart.

lovely work.

th_AzureDreamNecklace.png

ciao

OMA

@HELEN, gosh, thank you! esp. the comment on the glossies - I look at your work & wished that I was half as good :)

@Sokagirl - thank you! The feeling is mutual - I love your creations too!

@Oma, ever so pleased you like this one. If it were real I'd send it to you. I love the blue bits, reminds me of enameling we did at school so very many years ago now.

I've been doing some renders with Chaoscope & of course the jewels & abstracts will always be part of what I do.

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I appreciate your input.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Enchanted Snails is so pretty. But where are their little heads? Phoenix Jewels are so pretty too. I love the gold effect you have the jewels set in. So very nice.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks Possum. They are shy little critters & are hiding their heads.

Seriously, when I did those I had in mind the empty snail shells that I have found over the years & painted them with frosted or metallic nail polish, hence no heads.

Pleased you like the images.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012