Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

I created an image I was very pleased with since I tried something a bit different for me. Following my own advice, I save often. I was just about to put my sig on it & decided I'd save it first. Would you believe the (insert what you think is appropriate) machine told me there was an unhandled error & needs to close. Out of memory I guess! On a save??

In any case I did a quick "Print Screen" & dumped it into Word. I copied & pasted it & finished the image off. I had a lovely shadow which is something that I wanted to do for ages but never got the look right & there was not a jaggy in sight. I will still post it. I tried to re-create the image but without the settings, it just won't work.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

ah! "easy like sunday morning"

soft..warm..pretty special..great text too bbq.

lovely :)

regards j.d.

ah! "easy like sunday morning"

soft..warm..pretty special..great text too bbq.

lovely :)

regards j.d.

Thanks j.d. Easy like a Sunday morning is my favourite song too!

Thanks Goonie, glad you like it.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments on the Sunday image & the Viking helmet.

Thanks so much to Welshy for the tute!

New image in a similar vein as the Sunday one with the layers staggered. Hubby gave me advice on the shadows which very much frustrated me since I am hopeless as the things Ben & Sarkut are so good at like the lighting etc. Without some heavy guidance in this area the image would not have been as good.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Another stunning image. I think this one is one of your very best. So smooth, not a single jaggie! How are you doing that ? >:O

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

barbieq, I could not have asked for a better gift. Just spent all day with him at his house, he is still in bad shape, but I am so thankful he is alive. He was so close to death. Thanks to everybody who helped pray!

Chrisco, I am so pleased to hear that! :)

Possum, I work on a 3200 x 2400 canvas. I Gaussian Blur @ 2 for most anything that has an edge that should look sharp/defined. Then I reduce the work by 25%. Recommended reading is David Atwell's DPI & You

Recommended for anyone using PDN.

Thanks for your kind comments Possum :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

hey bbq.

two fab. pieces you have there. sorry but I must have missed "tiger wings" first time :roll:

great wings shape..and wonderful color jewel..and what really makes it for me is the background..that is sooo cool B)

on the other hand.."hope" is just an amazing piece.. :D ..not simply for what it represents but the gold surround (wire frame) is completly different to your usual style..and that "eye" within the jewel itself is so perfectly done..almost as though it's watching you..(or maybe watching over you!)..it really is very aptly titled "hope" ;)

very nice job.

regards j.d.

For the benefit of anyone reading this later on - there is a tute now Making a Jewel under Creations in the tutes section.

I'm pleased Chrisco kept asking me to write a tute & my thanks to him for being my guinea pig. He was a great help.

j.d. Thanks so much!

One of our former members created an image that she asked me to create a jewel with. It is done & on page 1. She's seen it & LOVES it. I am pleased. I enjoy her art & I have made a jewel out of her work a couple of time now with great results (we think so at least ;))

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Chrisco, yes I did, my friend. The tute got a sticky!

Thanks for your encouraging comments. It makes the time & often frustration all worth it.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I love your art! i cant single out one to call my favorite, they are all so great!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

thanks! i wanted a way to display some of my award winning art everywhere i go, and what better way than a shadow box!

(hopefully i'll add more awards to my collection, its a little empty right now):)

Edited by Heat Stroke

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.