Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Dear barbieq25!  <3  What a difference. Super result. Thank you.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much Pixey & Seerose. Yes, I use it very often.

Here is a new piece that I have finally got down on canvas. Called Serenity, it is a Japanese symbol. 1920 x 1080 wallpaper.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/170/8/5/serenity_by_barbieq25-d7n0qmb.png

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks so much for the feedback on the Serenity image johnnysdream. 

Here is another one produced with the assistance of TR's Strange Attractor. I've been waiting to try this one out :D

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/171/e/0/dream_by_barbieq25-d7n5zqh.png

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Striking new wallpapers barbieq. Love what you have created with strange attractor, nice light and shade there :)

swIFX9v.png

Both look good BBQ,

I prefer the second one - how long did it take to render at that size? - certainly worth waiting though, it's stunning! ;)

Not long Red - probably about 10 mins or so. The canvas size was 3840 x 2160. Hard to day because I went off & played a card game while I waited. I have an i7 with 12 or 16 GB RAM, it's an Asus all in one with wireless everything - love that :P 

I used the Grim Colour Reaper to get rid of the black, duplicated the layer several times & set the layer blend modes to Additive. Merged, copied, messed with more layer blend modes.

Duplicated it, ran Polar Inversion Plus, messed with the size, duplicated both layers, ran Fire, layer blend modes again?, transparent gradiented out the parts that I didn't like the look of, messed with the size again, changed the layer order. It was interesting that the colours I chose were pink & red...didn't come out that way. Also I did a couple of blurs, I think it was motion at a low setting, maybe GB too? Hard for me to remember. Serves me right for not reading the destructions in the first place eh? I am very happy with the outcome. I think the plugin is fabulous as a starting point for some wonderful experiments with other plugins & tools.  

Thanks Goonie, love the pun :D

Thank you Sasha, I did want to make something with a bit of lightness & brightness to it. 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks so much for the feedback on the Serenity image johnnysdream. 

Here is another one produced with the assistance of TR's Strange Attractor. I've been waiting to try this one out :D

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/171/e/0/dream_by_barbieq25-d7n5zqh.png

Dear barbieq25! As always excellent. Thank you very much.  <3

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Oh wow!  That Japanese (I just knew it was Japanise ;) ) text is so hot!  Love the way you have that 'burned-in' look about it.  Fabulous.  And as for Dream ...... it's

mesmerising and so fluid and ............... yes, dreamy.  It also has that Autumnal color and love how 'swooshy' the texture is  :) .  Great work Barby.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw Helen, I pleased that it worked for you eventually :D

Thank you Seerose.

Pixey, I saw something that twigged & I just wanted to work something similar. Some characters work better :D

Now for another new one:

I wanted to see An Interview with a Vampire like forever. One of my students brought in a copy & we watched it as a class. The colours that came out of this reminded me of it, hence the name. 

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/188/9/1/the_interview_by_barbieq25-d7pku5v.png

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Looks awesome! Very nice. Thank you Dear  hz2gx7b2.gif25

Vampires  h8md47cy.gif... the thought with a vampire would be happy to meet. Because I am a witch. 5urffxhj.gif

• Upvote 2

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Lovely animation! My sister is a witch too :D I wish she was here right now. She could fix my very sore back :P

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Great work barbie, it is so beautiful, I feel like I am walking in a jungle, I like the colors too,

I like the transparent effect in it, that been achieved with the layers, plus the blend modes.

One thing been used I can think about in this is the Diffuse plugin on it's maximums.

Well done barbie :)

Red you are correct - it was a photo to start with of some palm fruits.

Yellowman, I don't think I used Diffuse...I used the pencil sketch or something as I called the first attempt Pencilling In. Definitely layer blend modes & Colour Tint etc once EER pointed me in the right direction with the plugins. 

I will now have to go home & play with it some more to see what will happen with the Diffuse :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

That's absolutely amazing - all done from an original photograph!  You really know how to work what PDN has to offer and I applaud the result.  Bravo B) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing works. I really do like the omanis colors of The Interview. Dream reminds me of having a good dream that you don't want to wake up from, and the colors go well together. I also really liked The Storm. Great colors and movement in all of them. I've started wanting to do some photo manipulations to see what the results are, just by looking at your recent work.

• 3 months later...

Julio, thank you. You will create some wonderful images from your photography. Glad you were inspired :D

Thank you Helen & Pixey too for your encouraging comments. 

It has been far too long since I did any artwork of note. 

This one is a bit of an experiment with smudge...in response to this tute It is a work that I have had in mind for a long time. There will be more of this type to come or sure :D

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/315/1/7/the_river_by_barbieq25-d863grz.png

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq25!  #1134<  WOW! What a creative piece. Thank you.  :pizza:  :mtdew:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you Helen & Seerose. They were both fun to do & you both are such an inspiration :D

This is a manip of a photo I took of a fish carcass a couple of years ago.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/322/3/6/death_by_glittering_hook_by_barbieq25-d86tle0.png

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012