Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Barbieq once again, you manage to amaze me with your style of work, your artistic and creative skills, and your effort in your work. I look forward to your next update!

(Maybe I should say which ones I like a lot! :D) I really love the sokagirl thing you did there, the textures and everything are just so beautiful!

Your TOTW inspired me with an idea which caused me to enter, so it's obviously really good! :D

Edited by Weylin

Weylin, thanks! Good to know that I've inspired you. Commented on you entry too. Pretty good old son.

Sokagirl, there are some really strong contenders in this one. I'm really happy with AOTW. Didn't know I could do that, so I am very happy with my entry.

Chrisco, thanks!

YY10, you're so sweet...gave me a smile that did.

Frontcannon, I've done some really dark works...I like dark too. Dark & moody I love but mostly the colour & light wins. Sigh. Gotta do that WOTW yet.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

[offtopic]Heh, you think barbieq's work is dark? Well for her it is, but once I get home and find time to create the scapescape I have in mind, it will be the darkest, moodiest, most desolate looking image most people probably have seen in PDN. Well maybe not the most, but it will get pretty close. :P.[/offtopic]

Can't wait to see your WOTW! I may just ger inspired again >_>

Weylin, bring it on. I don't set out to do a dark or bright image. It's whatever gets born. That's how I view working.

Goonie, thank you. Means a lot to me.

Welshy, thanks buddy. I get a lot of help from my Fan friends B);) Your work is inspirational - translates to damn hard trying to get close to your work. :lol: Again, thanks. It makes me happy to know that I have improved.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I followed your "My Gallery" link and I can honestly say this is some of the best PDN work I have ever seen, each one must have taken hours.

I see a Steampunk-ish/fantasy/Art Deco mixture on a lot of the pictures which I like very much.

My favorites are "Fractalise" for it's complex colors and shapes, the "House of Tregilles" (You've inspired me to make something similar ;) ) is probably my favorite of all of them, and Old Charm because I go "ooh shiny".

Edited by Luther Keeler
bar1j.pngbar2d.png

Luther Keeler, I'm pleased you come for a visit & that you like my work so much. Art Deco is flavour of the month with me but I guess it has been there always. I seem to be drawn to it, evidenced by my choice in jewellry & furniture. Steampunk is a most interesting concept for me & I like it a lot. I love shiny bright things but I'm drawn to dark & moody as well.

I noticed the font in you sig - very nice Art Deco. May I ask what it's called & where you got it please?

Looking forward to seeing what you've created now that I have inspired you.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I noticed the font in you sig - very nice Art Deco. May I ask what it's called & where you got it please?

Looking forward to seeing what you've created now that I have inspired you.

http://www.dafont.com/betty-noir.font This is the font. There are many other fonts like it there, and most (not all) are free.

I think I might start working on it tonight. ;)

bar1j.pngbar2d.png

csm725 - wow, glad you like them. Thanks for stopping by & commenting. It does mean a lot to the artist to have their work acknowledged.

Luther Keeler - same, thank you. Also thanks for the font style. I do use Dafont too. Hope to see what you've created soon.

Helen, thank you! Your comments are always appreciated.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Double post - new work using pyrochild's Trail plugin (thanks pyro!). Also thanks to Welshblue for the tute.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012