Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Dug, many thanks for your kind comments. Any flashbacks to youth have got to be good :)

Drydareelin, thanks too. AutoBisection is one of those images born out of frustration but there is something in the image that draws the viewer in. Glad you like it. Seems a fave with many folk.

EccentricButterfly, I did a semester at uni with art plus my husband & I ran a very successful signwriting business. I learnt a lot about art from hanging around him & he is an art teacher, an artist himself (he's had a few exhibitions but cannot get him interested in pdning - love/hate relationship with the computer ;) No plans for any more formal studies at this point in my life. However, there are plenty of website with info on art & design.

Red Ochre, it is Mr B that does the sculptures. When I looked at the image after your comment, I could see the similarties between the light hubby made & this. Imagine a tripod with an oyster light on top. Must see if I can get a photo. Really quite interesting. No worries on the sig & what a cheeky avvie too!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks so much Helen for your kind comments. I did post them rather close together.

I can see there are tree shapes esp. to the left. Watching those machines in action is just awe-inspiring. Real heart-in-your-mouth stuff. AutoBisection is pure fiddling...no conscious effort at coming up with anything in particular until I got to a point where I knew what it wanted. Whiter Shade was one of those images where you start out with something in mind but something totally different comes out. I'm sure there is something Freudian in there ;)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Love the new pieces especially Autobisection ( I like it so much I have stolen it to use as a wallpaper on my PS3 ;) Hope that is OK ) It reminds me of a snake and I find it quite hypnotic.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I found your Post Cards From Mars on DA. Nice, I like that they are abstract; it leaves the imagination of the viewer intact and not cluttered with literal interpretation. And, I also liked that you quoted from The Martian Chronicles, which gave the images substance without giving anything away. I hope that the people seeing your post cards will want to read the book.

Thank you.

SloppySig.png

I found The Martian Chronicles to be very profound. Written from past shared experiences & also as a forewarning with a sadness that comes from knowing it will go unheeded by the majority. Thanks for visiting Postcards :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 months later...

Gosh, can you believe it has been so long since I posted a new image??

5 new ones, page 1. Enjoy & remember, comments, good or bad are always welcomed.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Where do I begin? Let's start with the cutie, the ratty, as you call it. It's adorable. I love everything about it! Okay, "Decomposition," it looks so much like Welsh's textures--it's perfect. It definitely gives it a rusty look. I really, really like the swish of the purple colors in the foreground. "Michaels' Wish" looks like a wish in picture form. I'd imagine a wish to be like that. I don't know how to explain it, but you certainly captured that effect. The greenish image with the butterfly is amazing. The rectangly designs with the butterflies offset each other in a good way. They balance the image very well. "Marbles," ah, what a beauty! You've chosen an incredibly amazing flower color. It's so pretty! Well, all in all, superb work from you. It was definitely great seeing your work . It was like a breath of fresh air with rose petals enveloping me.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshy, thanks. I should post up an image of her. I have a Blackberry which hubby says takes great photos. Just gotta work out how to upload them to the pc. I could be a selective technophobe :)

As current & former majesties of PDN, your opinion is highly valued & I am deeply touched by your comments. I could hug you both.

Thanks on both counts too Red Ochre. I spend a lot of time using your plugins just to see the outcomes - like my own private art video :)

The marbles one started off a marble panel but then I used psychocolour...@ default. Cool effect, so, like a woman, I changed my mind. Sometimes I use plugins on things but decide to not keep the effect. So it takes me ages to make up my mind :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Great pieces. The rat was certainly cute and brought a smile to my face. It's hard for me to pick a favorite out of these, they're all really cool.

Couldn't say it better than Welshy's post - absolutely fabulous pieces and I'm in "love" with Ratty, as one does! So glad you are back too :smile:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks so much Pixey. I tried to get some happy snaps of her today but she is too quick :)

This one was inspired by EER :):

th_Juxtapose.png

Juxtapose

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yes, it is much more colourful that what I have been doing. Thanks so much for your lovely comment & support. I appreciate it very much.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

:) it was something I read :) ... that kindled the interest

Try a pencil or pen sketch on a photo, then use Colour Aberation, duplicating the layers & changing blend modes, fiddling with the adjustments of brightness/contrast & that is about all I can remember doing.

I thought it looked like a crayon rubbing too...loved those & the ones where you rubbed black all over it & then scratched the image into it, revealing the colour underneath. ;)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Amazing stuff you have going on here. My personal favorite was this one, out of your newer works:

th_Decomposition.png

Decomposition - Yamaha TX750 parts

By the way, I really like the custom frames. Like in the 'House of Treqilles' and your siggy.

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Thanks Zeri. The frames are a lot of line work with an image from the internet as a reference. When you do line work like this it is very time-consuming & lots of layers so that you can position the individual lines/curves precisely. Then it is a matter of using the gold technique as described in my http://forums.getpai...making-a-jewel/ tute. Having trouble making the clickable links here. You'd be surprised what you learn from the tutes & also the new ways of working & thinking the you get from them. I want to try this one again: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/23732-simple-glossy-ringtorus/page__hl__torus__fromsearch__1

Much of my work follows the Art Deco style.

The basis of the wallpaper you like is The Only Chad's concrete tute, & the cogs etc. are parts are a photograph of the parts from this motorbike that my hubby built. It is a Yamaha TX750 motor (over 40 years old) with a Laverda body. No mean feat since he had to make a stack of the parts himself in our garage. The bike is very loud & very fast. Hubby has just come back from a 4 day TX Downunder rally which is held every year. In total he did 3000km. Now we can get on with restoring my 40 year Honda 400Four.

th_CopyofPICT0170.jpg

th_PICT0353.jpg

Longish post but hopefully it may inspire you & others :) Thanks for the visit :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

New work:

th_Flowers_zps86f738d1.png

Flowers 5 - renamed to Pansylicious by Nanette (Pixey).

th_SynapticOcclusion_zps6816c859.png

Synaptic Occlusion

Edited to rename the Flower 5 to Pansylicious - thanks Pixey!

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Oh, barbie. The flowers are splendidly gorgeous! I can imagine them standing on my bureau--it would definitely liven up my room. The purple and pinkish tint are just to die for. I love the crazy design in "Synaptic Occlusion." The pattern is amazing.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Very good! The only thing I could find wrong (and this is unbelievably picky) is that near the center of the 'Synaptic Occulsion', down and to the left, there is a shadow for something that isn't there! Keep it up.

Edited by Xzerizon

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Absolutely stunning new pieces .... the Flowers - Pansyliscious to me - are so beautiful and the pattern in Synaptic (what a great name) Occulision fits so well in the image. Great stuff @BBQ :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.