Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

• 2 weeks later...

Du & Helen your comments are very much appreciated. Mary Poppins eh? Guess it does too at that. Helen, you know how powerful PDN is :P

Redbeard, all true my friend.

Ok, its been a while since I posted any new works. That doesn't mean I have not been hard at work...just sometimes you need to let an idea rest for a bit so that you know how to finish it off properly.

Here are 3 new ones:

th_Derngate1.png

Derngate

th_GlassDaisies.png

Glass Daisies

th_EbonyRose.png

Ebony Rose - this is the one that I had started when I saw Welshy's piece. So much alike. It's that camera working again.

:D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Very nice wallpapers. i love Kenzi. it rminds me somehow on a butterfly. Other favorates are purple satin and times two and The rose of Peter. You are very talented, Looking forward to see more :)

Thanks so much for stopping by & leaving a comment. I am very please that my images remind you of other things too. It is good for art to do that IMHO.

Ok, I forgot to add another one:

th_DecoDeco.png

Deco Deco, for my husband.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Again, BBQ, you amaze me with your style and execution!

Derngate definitely sets a dark tone for me. It's as if the bars in the foreground are restricting access to the beauty beyond.

Glass Daisies is wonderful! Your composition and use of color contrasted with the dark background is second to none.

Ebony Rose is fantastic. It gives a sense of movement, as if the rose is moving rapidly and taking the viewer with it.

Deco is another wonderful piece. I love the colors! It has an almost Egyptian look to it, which is awesome.

I'm loving these new works! You definitely have a style all your own and I always look forward to seeing what you're going to create next!

Edited by RedBeard

As always, a pleasure to view your stunning works. I really like the shape of the daisies and Ebody Rose and Derngate are superb. The designs are just beautiful. Deco Deco is truly an amazing piece of work--it's very similar to a maze and reminded me of Egyptian work (like RedBeard said) as well as tribal African-style work.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

WOW Just took a peak at your gallery.... and all I can say is Oh My Goodness!!!! your works are spectacular! I was going to say "I really like your:" (fill in name of piece here) But as I scrolled through your listing the list got much to long to name them individually, I'd be here all night. They are all GORGEOUS!! Some day I hope to have the knowledge of Paint.Net and the artistic ability to come somewhat close to what you have been creating.....

I will now be going to check out your DA page.... and will be adding you to my "Watch list" I am sure!

• Upvote 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

Thanks so much RedBeard. I could see the Egyptian influence in the original too. In fact I think Art Deco has many of the Egyptian elements.

Helen, I never really thought about the tribal African look but you are quite right on that too.

Zookey, welcome to the forums & I am happy to see you on dA too. You know, I used to think that too about artists like Helen, Yellowman, Welshy, Goonie, Oma & Peter Pawn just to name a few & they still astound me with their skill. I feel I have learnt so much from others & I know that you will continue to grow. It is a wonderful journey. Your works are already so good.

Welshy, when I saw the original photo I just knew I had to do the Deco Deco one. Derngate was the same. It crashed my pc because I clicked when I should not have...too many commands I think. Most of the basics was saved but a lot was not. In the end the second version I like much better. So yeah, I was not a happy camper at having to redo but felt better as I got further into it. No more kids - yeah!

The glass daisies needed a bit of colour but I didn't feel altogether chipper & colourful at the time, so kinda muted.

Ebony Rose, no PI but inside out, similar. It started out as a gold edged ribbon. A lot of experimenting & plugin crunching in that one.

Thanks everyone for your feedback & thoughts. :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Derngate:Love the grungy wire fence effect making you look closer at what is behind and giving nice depth.

Glass Daisies:What a great job on such an underrated flower.

Ebony Rose:I keep saying to myself, work more on the background, what would BBQ and Welshy do to enhance the foreground. Just another example of the right background. Yet another brilliant piece.

Thanks Dug. Yes getting the background right is just as important & one of the lessons I learnt from my Fanatic friends early on. Mind you I still get it wrong at times...

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hello barbieq25,

Thanks for your comments over on Abstract images ;).

Your latest 3 are great as ever - you're getting a very strong body of work together there.

I think you'd be first choice if 'Tiffany' need a new lamp designer :D - and a lot of church windows would benefit from your stained glass ideas too!

Keep up the good work!

Great gallery ... where's the cheese and wine ? :lol:

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Fantastic stuff Barbie I always find it so calming to look at your work especially the 'glass daises' and 'ebony rose', another member that will have at least one vote from me come awards day. :)

Red Ochre, man thanks for your sweet comments. I had some huge windows in a house we lived in & got the strong afternoon sun. Hubby was a signwriter so I used scraps of vinyl to create art works on the windows to block the sun. It looked grat & the amount of sunlight or night changed the whole look. Yes, I'll have to speak to the curator about getting some cheese & wine for the visitors ;)

Aw Minners, thanks...you got one from me last time ;)

Hougesen, many thanks...you will be too. It has taken a lot of tutes trial & error, persistence, & a lot of help from other pdners to get me here...

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

No updates for a long time but here are some to make up for it.

th_BannerComp1complete-1.png

First Banner/Logo comp entry - Dead Bugs Complete Computer Protection

th_DarkShadowsFollowMe.png

Dark Shadows Follow Me (Elvis - Edge of Reality inspired)

th_DianaDone.png

Diana

th_MetalMadness.png

Metal Madness (Welshy & Sargon inspired because it uses ideas they suggested in Kaleidoscope)

th_Rage.png

Rage

SOTWMono.png

SOTW Entry Monochrome - it got second!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

If I were to see you right now, I'd give you the biggest hug (you know, like a daughter would have). Your works are always so brilliant. I love them all. You have clever ideas. I left a more-detailed response on Fans. <3

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

DarkShadowsFollowMe ... the music that was the inspiration and the image spawned are touches of genius. Sadly I totally get that song from experience ...

Guess you know where I live...a powerful song & from the heart methinks...

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Great new works Barbie I especially love the RAGE one great outcome on the neon lines also the 2 spaceships ;) in the DARKSHADOWS one are fantastic ;) and as Welsh said the 4 metal shapes in METALMADNESS very lifelike. Are all the pieces 100%PDN or do you use other programs as well ?

PS. Love the sig you made for SOTW one of my fav sigs of all time ( only got second a travesty ) Simple yet striking at the same time.

Drydareelin, many thanks for stopping by & leaving such a lovely comment, esp. from such a great artist as yourself.

Red Ochre, before I forget - love the new sig!

Minners, yes all of these images were done with PDN only, all done from scratch. Very few times do I use stock. Used Chaoscope a couple of times but too lazy to learn it properly & I do have other programs such as DAZ & Sculptris but never use those either. Too much to learn. Sometimes I use images for inspiration or reference. For example, Diana was a art deco vase that I saw on eBay. Loved the pattern so it was all al matter or many lines & using the right mouse for the curves, duplicating the layers & resizing but it is still a time consuming process as each of the leaves has its own drop shadow. If it were not for the kick-<Family-friendly forum.> system hubby bought me, I would not have been able to do it.

Thanks too for your lovely comments. To think that I nearly sent the metal one to the scrap heap! Much of what I do is an experiment until I get the look that I want & sometimes I even remember a tute that worked a particular effect. Welshy's cog one I think it was that involved a negation blend mode...I have a lot of tutes saved as Word files so that my poor brain doesn't overheat from trying to remember things. Search on the forum never works too well for me but a keyword search on my pc works great. Time consuming though to put the tutes into a Word doc. I used to print them too & tick the steps off as I did them.

Glad you like the monochrome sig. I really like the outcome on that one too.

I finished 2 more last night & there was one that I forgot to add:

th_Skyline.png

Skyline - missed out on the last update

th_AutoBisection.png

AutoBisection

th_WhiterShade.png

Whiter Shade

P.S. love the new autocentre thing - very cool!

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I thought your comp sig (using one colour) fitted the theme perfectly.Nice combination of colour depth and background in Dark Shadow.Works well.My fav is Diana everything about it is just right, especially the minimalism.Rage and Whiter Shade shows how versatile you are at going from bright to dark.Love the simplicity of Skyline and AutoBisection is giving me psychedelic flashbacks to my youth.Brilliant images them all.As was said in the last few posts you are a testament to PdNing.

• 2 weeks later...

Love all the work! You have a real talent for doing deco art. Have you ever gone to school for graphic design or are you thinking about going to school?

'Autobisection' - I love this one - probably my favourite of yours so far!

If Mr. Barbeque gives your tools back you could make a real light sculpture like that - expanded metal and coloured lights - make a fortune in the right gallery! :smile:

Keep up the good work and cheers for noticing my new sig!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg