Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

I'll have to knock up a new texture pack for this christmas. All my textures are much larger canvases so possibly more use to others

Old ? I'll Never grow up. :lol:

They say we're as old as the person we feel ... luckily my wife is only 39 this year :lol::P

I like that idea - hubby is 7 years younger than me :D

Yep, I have been using 3200 x 2400 for ages but now also using 3840 x 2160 since I have the new pc. A texture pack would be great! You are such a sweetie!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

toxicdj, thanks for the visit & I am pleased you like the Love's Wings image.

Here are 2 new ones:

th_TimesTwo.png

Times Two - a huge wallpaper 1920 x 1080

th_DenzienofTime.png

Denzien of Time - wallpaper 1280 x 960

EDIT: Spelling!

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Welshy, I am pleased you can see the emotion in the images. I am quite partial to that background too...concrete tute & a reflected gradient is the basis.

Recycling - well we both love that too :D

Aw thanks so much Helen. Means a lot coming from 2 great artists like you & Welshy :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Your wallpapers are so beautiful! I really wish they were in a digital works museum. The background, the gems, the gold everythings perfect!

Well done, My fav is deziens of time!

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

Your wallpapers are so beautiful! I really wish they were in a digital works museum.

See? I'm not the only one who thinks your work should be in a museum. I love the first one because it looks like an actual ad from a computer or graphic design magazine. The Rose Glass wallpaper is amazing. The designs surely do look like roses.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Toxicdj, I agree - a wonderful period.

Thank you Helen. That is really sweet of you to say so but I have to agree with Welshy - not old enough for a museum - yet :D but working on it. You guys really made my day. Thank you.

Welshy, the resize could be a Photobucket issue? They are on dA too & they should be full size there. Thanks for letting me know.

You are right too with the cross section in the middle. This one could be a re-work.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

"AD on Mondays" is exceptional Barbieq. I love the superb geometric balance and color choice, the background

is fantastic. It reminds me of brushed stainless steel that's been heated with a torch; it gives up a sort of iridescent rainbow... Beautiful piece!

You've been busy turning out some outstanding work here lately, I have to ask. When do you sleep? ;)

Seriously, you are among one of my favorite artists and I can't wait for the next one.

Jaxon, thanks so much for the accolades. I too love what happens to metals when they are heated or exposed to certain processes such as lathes. You get such superb colours & shapes in the swarf not to mention how the worked metal looks. I miss it.

Well I have to agree with Welshy & say that you are one of the most promising new artists on here.

One of the hardest things for me is to know when to leave an image alone & call it done. The background was a result of something (I can hardly ever remember) that I applied XY Tiles to & then used Conditional Hue/Saturation or was it the other way around? Either way the outcome looked not bad so then I used a linear reflected transparent gradient & lowered the opacity.

Jaxon, I have been PDNing for a while so some of them are reworks or re-use or partly finished images - plus a month of not posting any images at all. You will get there too - promise. I do sleep :D Only watch tv 2 times a week :D no kids, only fur kids.

Next one I am thinking something from the Eames era & thinking about a rework of the roses one. It is niggling at me after Welshy's comment, in a good way mind you :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Helen, Jaxon, Welshy & Dug, thanks so much for your kind words.

If it hadn't been for Welshy's comment about the Glass Rose being empty I would never have gone back to have a second go. I am mighty pleased that I did.

The highlights on the orb is taken in part from Helen's Galaxy Balls tute. I kept it as a separate file so that I can use it whenever I want a sphere gloss. No need to reinvent the wheel each time :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Aislin, I missed your comment. Thanks so much, I am pleased to know that the highlight is spot on.

Here is a mix of photos & PDN wallpaper 1920 x 1080. The centre piece is parts of the starter clutch from a Yamaha TX750.

th_DarkDreams.png

Dark Dreams

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thought I'd drop by and stroll around the gallery ;)

Dark dreams: - enigmatic - the LHS face .. very gothic. Are those a set of points? ... I thought you had a 400 four?

Good colours - I like to see rich browns and greys .. I think computer art tends to send us towards over-bright spectrum colours (the opposite of oil painting, where they can get 'dirty' quite easily), it's good to see you've got control of the colours you use. The lighting gives me the impression of sunlight filtering its way to the dark corners of an old building.

Of course I could have completely misread it ... but I like it anyway :star:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg