Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

I've looked hard, and I really cannot see many jaggies on that piece, you,re being too critical of your work :grin:

it's a lovely piece,,really draws you in. great colours also.

regards j.d.

L3ron, I could see that in it too.

Sokagirl, glad you like it that much. Galleria is so far behind that it will take forever to get this one in there. It would be nice though!

Helen & CSM, it makes me happy to know that.

j.d. I know that they are there & how much smoother it should look but overall I guess it's not too bad but I had to work hard to get rid of the worst of them.

Welshy, to the best of my knowledge this is what I did. I took the glassy ball & ran Polar Inversion on it & erased all the tiny bits. I did a lot of undo so I am not sure which effects ended up in the final.

I think I did Mirror at some point too. Layer blend modes too. Then I ran Trail at max for everything, not sure what the fade was set to. Copied the layer & ran Drop Shadow, Layer blend mode changed to something? I flattened everything but the black background (so you can see what is happening). Added black background, & Zoomed the image, then stretched the part I really liked.

That's why I say a way of recording the history of what was done, including the settings would be so very good...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments & for stopping by. I really appreciate the feedback.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

barbieq, you have some amazing works!

maybe you could give me some hints as to some of the textures in this image:

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/th_Autumn.png

It's up to you whether you want to share your secrets. I'm just curious, and it just looks amazing.

WHAT?! You want me to give up my secrets?

Sure - again I have given the destructions to someone...

If I give them to you, would you like to write the tute please?

It is Radial Blur Deluxe (3200 x 2400 canvas, usual warnings to save apply)

1. Get any image at all - resize to 3200 x 2400 but could look ok on smaller one too, not sure never tested it.

2. Radial Blur Deluxe - take the steps back to almost nothing & up the amount.

3. Play with the sliders until you get a look that you like.

4. Duplicate & play with the layer blend modes.

5. Where it has the squares you can either do the gold on a new layer to cover them, or make a grid (new layer) & selecting the inside, go to the texture layer & bevel, or invert selecting so that you have the actual grid selected & delete it from one of the background layers.

This effect is in quite a few images - Keeper as well.

The centre is Drop Ripple with just the centre bit selected.

If there are any specific bits in the image you want to know about - just ask but basically that is it - easy peasy, eh!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I agree with webavenger. Most of my abstract work is influenced by her.

Barbieq, what do you think of my new image using your secret? (Also posted in my gallery)

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/PaintDotNET%20Gallery/AbstractGrassPNG.png

Edited by Weylin

Webavenger, this is not the first time you have torn down one of the best artist & my dear friend only to elevate me.

Weylin, thanks for your support. WelshBlue has been instrumental in getting me to where I am today. Let's never forget where we came from & who helped us in our journey.

I am very tearful at the moment...

You did a great job on the take!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Here is a new one - like a whole week without doing anything arty. No wonder I was feeling ill.

Ryan's Jewel - the background is a fractal made by DA3K, a young artist that some of you may be familiar with since he also has the Freedom Artist's group there. I hope he likes what I have done to his Red Sky image.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Been so long since I did anything with PDN but got the latest one done now - page 1, please.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hey girl , it's great to see your Gallery up and running again . You have so many wonderful pieces , I'm sure the people here would really enjoy seeing them , awesome job on your latest work .

New work page 1.

Broken Dreams - we all have them.

Thanks to mis-information I will not be studying in the next semester but will be looking for work. Probably will go back to teaching. Wish me luck!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Good luck with the teaching job .. Wow , broken dreams is lovely and kind of dark I suppose it's dark because of the emotion behind it . No one feels happy when their dreams are broken , been there many times . I really like the border you gave this one , perfect barbie .

putZ, yes it does look like a mask - we all wear one for different reasons.

Sokagirl, it has been such an almighty struggle with uni & trying to keep up with everything else. I'll be glad to get back to work. The image is about the struggle, the mask, the border, the fiery colours, all represent part of that. I've let it go. Working on a very dark & moody piece, inspired by you with one of your latest works but not the lovely shell one. Might get it done tomorrow night.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012