Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

On 3/27/2021 at 8:13 PM, barbieq25 said:

collecting crystals

I collect them, too. I'm looking at a blue tiger's eye on my desk that I tumbled and polished myself. Beautiful piece. I have so many!....

The blues in 'Orca' are very soothing; what a pretty piece!  Never thought to be inspired by my crystals... 🤭  Just keep up the splendid work, BBQ.  When we're on a roll we have to go with it. Never know how long the next 'dry' spell is going to be!  😄

20 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

I collect them, too. I'm looking at a blue tiger's eye on my desk that I tumbled and polished myself. Beautiful piece. I have so many!....

The blues in 'Orca' are very soothing; what a pretty piece!  Never thought to be inspired by my crystals... 🤭  Just keep up the splendid work, BBQ.  When we're on a roll we have to go with it. Never know how long the next 'dry' spell is going to be!  😄

Hubby says I am addicted. Good on you for tumbling & polishing yourself. Blue tiger's eyes are just gorgeous. I don't know if you have ever held an orca agate but they feel wonderful & gentle but with great strength just the same. If you get a chance, hold one. Wouldn't it be grand if we could just pop over for a visit :D I could let you hold mine. I wonder if you will create something with your crystals?

I am still working on another piece but not quite happy with it just yet. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

7 minutes ago, barbieq25 said:

I don't know if you have ever held an orca agate

No, I'd have to buy one.  Maybe I will.

8 minutes ago, barbieq25 said:

Wouldn't it be grand if we could just pop over for a visit

We'd probably go 'ga-ga' over each others crystals...  🤪

9 minutes ago, barbieq25 said:

I wonder if you will create something with your crystals?

I need some inspiration first. Haven't been much inspired lately.  🙄

Playing with @ReMake's plugins: 

I used Dragan Effect & Eliminate Dark/Light to edit the photos. To see the originals, please go to the link above.

PaOo4m.png

Brighter Days Ahead

9PgjRl.png

Pillow Talk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• barbieq25 changed the title to Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new images p. 1

You're on a roll @barbieq25❤️    Both images are so bright and cheerful. The leaves in 'Pillow Talk' are beautiful.  I've never seen variegation like that before.

Both made my morning.  Thank you, BBQ!!  🤗

• Like 1

Wow!  Those look wonderful @barbieq25  👍  Lovely colors and Brighter Days Ahead is very gelatinous 😲 and Pillow Talk is nice and soothing 🌞.

I'm impressed with how your images open up so fast.  I guess I should try image shack sometime 😉

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you @lynxster4& @Pixey. At the moment I loathe my new job role. I am counting the weeks - 50 to go! 

When I need to rest my brain from whatever ails me, I use PDN. I can just zone out & push everything out of my mind. Much healthier & cheaper than booze or drugs. Or crystals for that matter! :D

This one is Calli Red made using the  CalliColour plugin, Hue adjustment, colour tint & a few blurs, layer blends too. The ball & highlights I made previously. Can't do that with a linen canvas :D

I will send you the instructions on how to do the links in ImageShack. @toe_head2001sent me them a while back & I added the images. It is in Word but I will see how we can do this.

QAk0J7.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@Pixey I hope the file attached for adding the clickable thumbnails to posts using ImageShack. If not I will send it in a message. We can save it so others can use it too.Adding Clickable Thumbnails from ImageShack into Forum Posts.pdf

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• barbieq25 changed the title to Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update new RED image p. 1

Another beauty @barbieq25!  ❤️  The reds are so vibrant I can somehow feel them...

Yes, PDN can be a cure for what ails you; gives you a chance to push the 'reset' button...  😉

I'm not familiar with the plugin 'CalliColour'. Can you tell me where it's located? Thanks.

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Another beauty @barbieq25!  ❤️  The reds are so vibrant I can somehow feel them...

Yes, PDN can be a cure for what ails you; gives you a chance to push the 'reset' button...  😉

I'm not familiar with the plugin 'CalliColour'. Can you tell me where it's located? Thanks.

Umm yeah, I had to go find it & when I get the author correct, it's easy to find.

Your comments on the feeling the art makes me so happy. Yes, love the description of pushing the reset button. :D

Keen to see what you do with it. I want to use it some more. Maybe tonight I will play after I finish tending to the 20 gazillion plants that I have :D

• Like 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq25I am so enthralled by Cali Red. First because red is my favorite color but I love how you incorporated the glass orb into the flower petals. Very clever and gorgeous outcome. I too use PDN at times for therapeutic reasons. I have had some health issues and sometimes just working in PDN takes my mind off the symptoms. There are times when I can't sleep and just am "pdning" till the wee hours of the morning.

• Like 1

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

Thank you @Ladybug. Yes, I do love contrasts. Soft petals, hard glass. Art therapy is wonderful. It has got me through some really tough times & I know others will feel the same.

@Red ochrewhere would we be without plugins? Thank you for taking the time to write them. 

@Pixey, thank you :D I love red in art. My fave colours are purple, pink, blue but red in art just spins my wheels :D

Latest image again using CalliColour is Take a Bow. It has been quite a while since I have incorporated a jewel into a piece. What a fabulous plugin. Also used was Shape 3D, lots of blurs, layer blend modes & opacity adjustments.

VNSgfp.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• barbieq25 changed the title to Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update new image p. 1

@barbieq25 The white of the bow works perfectly with the colors you selected for the background. 

The red jewel just centers the whole piece.  Love it!  ❤️ 🤗

Ooooooo - love the Take a Bow 🥰 The colors are all perfect and make it really pop!  It's so soft and satiny 👍

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• barbieq25 changed the title to Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update Mooka image p. 1

Inspired by a sphere of Australian Mookaite, this 1920 x 1080 wallpaper is called Mooka, which is of course, short for Mookaite. Aussies like to play with names of things.

WSHDuR.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Oh, I just love that @barbieq25!  ❤️  A very pretty jasper.  I can feel the healing properties already.  Excellent work! ☺️

• Like 1

Wow, love all of the recent works. My favorites are Calli Red, since my favorite color is red, and the different textures that are in there. I also like Mooka, very beautiful textures in the background, and a nice brownish color throughout the image.

• Like 1

• barbieq25 changed the title to Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 5 photomanips p. 1

After being away for such a long time, I have finally had some time to play again. I nearly forgot how to use the program & how to upload the images!

New job teaching at a high school, something I said I would never do but it is distance education. I hope to have time to be reasonably active on here again esp in term breaks. Some of the images were created to adorn the walls of my workspace. 

0mAjH5.png

The Eagle (poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, image from Pixabay)

GbSQsk.png

Summer (leaf sources from somewhere years ago)

BuwMGZ.png

Shell Palm (palm frond from Pixabay)

IVHp8D.png

Popping out Pansies (pansy image from Pixabay)

hfLO8G.png

By the Light of the Gilded Moon (photomanip using images from Pixabay)

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq25 Your images are always so wonderful!  🤩   I use some of them as wallpaper from time to time.

Thank you for creating such uplifting and beautiful images.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!  🎄<3 🎊

46 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

@barbieq25 Your images are always so wonderful!  🤩   I use some of them as wallpaper from time to time.

Thank you for creating such uplifting and beautiful images.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!  🎄<3 🎊

Aw, thank you so much. I am glad that you use them. It makes me happy to know that others like my images & that it brings a bit of happiness to others.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas & a safe & happy New Year to you & your family. I will be offline for almost 3 weeks, spending time with my son.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Great to see you post again @barbieq25 :)  I think of you often :)

What beautiful new renditions from you 💖 I absolutely LOVE the shells, and I'd love this hanging on a wall, in my warm place - the computer place :) 

I note a question below "The Storm Witch" about the image's size (it may be an old post?) Anyway, the link takes one to the image, which is, me thinks, not full sized.

Take care and enjoy the holidays and hope you have a very Happy New Year and enjoy your time with your son t79120.gif

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey thank you. I think you you often too. 

Yes, that is only a small image that I made as a banner for one of my FB pages. I am about to head out now. Wishing you a fabulous holiday time too.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012