Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Love all your latest @barbieq25!    <3  Tiny Treasures keeps catching my eye.  Excellent work!  B)

@LionsDragonthe heat does that. It is cooler today 19 deg & not loving it :( Thank you for your lovely comment.

@Woodsythe weather is really silly last couple of years. 

@Red ochreit is making me happy to have time to spend on here & create art once again. Forgotten how to do some stuff!

@PixeyI felt a lot calmer that day :D It has been a very stressful time just lately.

@lynxster4thank you! 

Tiny Treasures is was commissioned as a Facebook Banner for a fellow succulent & cactus addict :D She is very happy with her banner. 

This one I did last year but had never got to post it. 

i8pPVZ.png

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@LionsDragonI do like koi images. There is something intrinsically elegant (to steal your words) about koi fish.

2 new ones that I completed after them sitting for about a year in my "to finish" box. The outline for the ducks was made with Curly Lines. An experiment really & from that came My Lobster's in Love - Polar Inversion Plus.

zSXiMs.png

Mandarin Ducks

hPBmSS.png

My Lobster's in Love

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Oh WoW!  Such beautiful images - the colors are delightful :D.

(BTW - your gorgeous Making a Jewel tute will need the images re-doing :/) - thanks to the wicked Photo bucket hijacking =O.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixeyyep, we are working on restoring the images etc. on tutes. Thank you for your lovely comments on the images. I think that is the last of what is in the "thigs to finish" & now I can work on new stuff & restore the tutes.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq25....more beautiful images!!  I love your reworked SOTW piece....like you used oil pastels.   <3    

Artwork soothes the soul...I hope your stressful time is coming to an end.   :)

• Upvote 1

@lynxster4, I feel more relaxed now. Art has always helped me cope. :D

Thank you so much @Seerose. Like you & love colour even if my art can be very dark at times.

This new one again is colourful. I've working in the garden & there is so much going on even if it is supposed to be winter here.

This one is called In the Spring. The black flower outlines are a font, the waves are Gradients Galore & Inner Shadow. Much layers & blurring. 

ZtVuiO.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Double post! New artwork. Maples in Utopia. Our friend Harry lives on the shores of Lake Utopia. If I went to visit him we'd be having waffles & maple syrup - the real stuff :D

xObclf.png

The leaves are stock http://orig08.deviantart.net/c46e/f/2017/027/7/3/japanese_maple_leaf_by_shivali_lorekeeper-dawyvql.png

The water drops is based on the tute by @MadJik. Part of the circles is based on the Bokeh Effect tute by Welshblue.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@Seerose - fonts can be so useful esp. the flower ones now that we can make them really huge :D

Thanks @lynxster4 I try to make sure they are.

Good news!

Spring has been used to advertise the Spring Festival's plant swap & sale in Toowoomba (the garden city) & Tiny Treasures garnered me 8 awesome enviable rare plants for creating a Facebook banner for a lady who sells cactus & succulents. Very happy!

Here is a wallpaper of a plant called Fairies Washboard from my garden. Also used in the Mossy Ammonite from the TG thread.

kLSZWZ.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

@Seerose & @lynxster4thank you for your encouraging comments. I have a few of these but this one is my best :D

@welshblueyep, it has been a change away from the dark & moody style of years gone by. Too many to mention now. The succulent manips are my faves too because most of my garden is now succulents & cacti. I am an addict. 3 things that spin my wheels aside from hubby: succulents, yarn & my beloved rats. I have 15 of them now. 

Hypertufa! Wow! They are really awesome. I buy things from the op shop & drill holes with a diamond core bit. 

HinxzI.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012