Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Thank you @Pixey, @LionsDragon, @lynxster4, & @Seerose. Flowers are always good. Cactus flowers always amaze me. It is such a contradiction. :D 

@Pixey, wow! Feel free to use :D

The hardest part is always isolating the flowers. Since this wasn't my image, I really wanted to do it justice. Kiss Cut & Dainty are both from the same flower. Jitter is such a wonderful plugin. After I run the Jitter, I select, copy & paste into a new layer & Drop Shadow & some I delete altogether. Hardest part if to make sure that you are very accurate with your selections.

I was devastated that after 7 years of giving my everything, the company I worked for has decided that I must travel to far-flung places & attend meetings (I find it very difficult to hear as I have a hearing impairment). The company believes it is a 90 minute journey - even Google maps shows that it is 3 hours! Long story short - I felt I had no option but to resign. They gave me 2 weeks & I am at the end of the first week & feel good about leaving now. Half of my class will quit too. I requested they give the new teacher a try. I have a number of really lucrative options...not working 5 days a week anymore either. More time to paint. NET, crochet, garden & kiss my rats & play with the dogs. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq25. that is SO not cool of them! Good for you sticking up for yourself! I'm glad you've got options, and it sounds like you're going to be in a much better place. :) Keep us posted!

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

Thank you @LionsDragon, not cool but I feel more relaxed than I have done in years. :D

Here are some that didn't make the deadline for the comp.

I got the line idea from Google but I worked the entire image.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/82/5e/ba/825eba091bd32d9be80acfc149fc8cec--canadian-maple-leaf-adult-colouring-pages.jpg

The leaf fill was a photo I took of my plants a while back.

VlIsWy.png
 2uyAbn.png

• Upvote 4
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Barbieq I love the two that you posted yesterday! I'm especially drawn to the one with the flowers! It's a perfect combination of the Cactus flower and the metal. I really like the red Maple leaf too! Too bad you weren't able to enter it in the competition.

Thank you @Woodsy. They maple leaves were a different way of working for me. Happens sometimes. I got called away in the middle of it. Great theme though.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@Seerose, thank you so much for your lovely comment. 

I've been trying our Madjik's new plugin - Fractal Attractor. Love the versatility of this plugin https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/111491-fractal-attractor-]ymd170628/#comment-532372 This one is called Fatal Attraction - Torus. 

6XTe4j.png

• Upvote 6
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

WOW! <3 @Barbieq25

:trophy:   What a brilliant image. Very nice use of painterly plugin.
 Thank you very much. :cake: :coffee:

Edited by Seerose
Error!

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

8 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Barbieq I love what you've done with the torus plugin! I like the background also.

Thank you @Woodsy & @LionsDragon It wasn't the plugin Torus but the tute that Madjik linked to in the Fractal Attractor, Woodsy. I think you would create something wonderful too with the tute.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Oooooooo - fabulous Fractal and thanks for the info on the Fractal Attractor, which I'd not noticed before B).

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Woodsy, I'd never been that much of a Pink Floyd fan but I was listening to their music last night. Yes, it is a bit different. 

@MadJik, those shapes at the edges of your sig are just divine! Love bright colours too. 

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Double post - adding new artworks. Now that I am mostly unemployed, I have time to do more artwork & to go back & finish some started pieces.

These 2 are photomanipulations of photos of my succulent plants. These were started in February this year.

JQNy0p.png

Palmero

8tByq8.png

Tiny Treasures

• Upvote 4
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Oooooooo - Endless Circles and Carefree are gorgeous.  The colors are so complimentary and everything is so smooth B).

Palmero and Tiny Treasures look very much like fractals and Palmero seems to have a sea monster with one eye :cyborg:.

Great to have you back on here <3.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@LionsDragonPalmero does look a bit like a sea tunnel - creeeeepy!

@Pixey glad to be back :D Palmero reminds me very much of Patty's work with Mandelbulb. 

So, still going through my old files, here is another one I finished. Winter Rose wallpaper because it is winter here now. Not that you'd know it with 24 deg C up to 29 some days! It was colder a month ago. 

Yj8Bh7.png

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq25. more stunning work! I love how seamlessly the roses blend with the background so it all seems to be growing together.

I wish it were winter here! This heat is wearing me down.

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png