Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate the time you take to look at the images & give your thoughts. 

Julio if you have a look at this post, it explains what I did to some of the images. Sometimes I have a specific outcome in mind, other times I simply experiment with plugins until I see something that I like & develop it further - like getting inspiration :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Man you got brilliant stuff here.

Specificaly the:

Looking Glass Alice - Baleria flower

Lightness of Being - a cactus flower

These two caught my eyes the most, since composition wise they're pretty damn excellent

What a nice bunch of flowers and the wallpapers are not too bad either. :smile:  I must be a Baby-Boomer also, waste nothing. I thought that was me just being Scottish. Anyway, excellent outcome and cool tips on how you created the pieces. I never thought about opening Jitter right up. I will have to try that. Thank you for the share and cool eye candy.

until I'm ready ... I think then I no longer live ...

Very beautiful background images, thank you barbieq25  <3 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Huddini, thank you for saying so, glad you like my work & thank you too for taking them time to view & comment :D

Dug, I must be Scottish too then :P I'd be interested to see what you do with the Jitter. 

Yes, you will Seerose! Good to have you stop by too. ERach one of inspires others, whether we are aware of it or not. I love water lillies & your avatar & username make me smile. It reminds me of my roots. :D

I have a new wallpaper which recycles a bit but some new ways of working too. After a really hectic day at work, it was good to come home & just relax with PDN. 

Chiffon 1920 x 1080 wallpaper:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/346/8/d/chiffon_by_barbieq25-d6xng39.png

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Julio :D I love those colours too.

Very high praise from the King of PDN ...thanks Welshy. Without people like you I would not be where I am today. Heck, I'd still be struggling to upload my images :D

Viewing art changes us. I love red in artworks but would not think of wearing it, except in small doses. I have red suede boots :P

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/347/f/0/who_is_to_save_me_by_barbieq25-d6xrce4.png

Who is to Save Me wallpaper 1920 x 1080 Hubby says it brings to mind the 1927 silent film Metropolis. Worth the time to Google it. Images way ahead of their time.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/347/4/0/lillyrose_by_barbieq25-d6xrcaz.png

LillyRose Wallpaper 1920 x 1080

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/347/c/6/schwitters_1925_by_barbieq25-d6xrc4r.png

Schwitters 1925 1920 x 1080 wallpaper

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Those are all wicked amazing! That first one though, wow!

Excellent job barbieq!

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Who is to Save Me had been sitting for months...I finally got it tweaked. Glad that you all can see something reflected in the work.

Kind words Julio :D Thank you.

Helen, prim & proper - haven't heard that expression in donkey's ages but I like it. Thank you :D

Welshy, Kurt Schwitters - an interesting man with a unique way of working. Dark & brooding I like a lot. This one nearly got binned but there is something there that I could not deny. Like walking through an old graveyard. Hints of former glory & attempts at beauty but in the end it is all an illusion & in vain. Sometimes my life feels like that. I am sure we all feel that at times. Your comment about talking to the viewer through the canvas makes all the years of struggling with my art, all the self-doubt, worth every minute. 

I used to wonder when I could be called an artist. When I sold my first work? My first commission? Nah! I create - therefore I am. :D

Kemaru, likewise your comment is very much appreciated. 

DrewDale, thank you so much for your kind words & very nice to have you back here again. No doubt you will produce more of your eye-candy for us. 

xod, thank you & also welcome to my world :P

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

LillyRose Wallpaper 1920 x 1080

barbiq25! wt7suwk6.gif

Very nice. Really nice work. Thank you...

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 1 month later...

Whoops! Excuse while I wipe my keyboard dry. Drool

Who is to Save Me seems a very scary place. Shattered glass surrounding straps of steel?

Midnight Oasis looks like a cyanotype print. The flower looks a little wicked. Beautiful.

SloppySig.png

• 4 weeks later...

Barbie, you never cease to amaze!  Some very strong recent works.  And as always, your gold and jewelry work is second to none.

Midnight Oasis - Awesome.  Monochromatic in the best sense of the word.  It's amazing what one can accomplish using multiple values of one color.  Speaking of colors, here's a video by Blender Guru about color theory.  Pretty informative.

Who Is To Save Me - A little disconcerting.  Very effective.

Curtain Call - I'm loving it!  It would be a great backdrop for something dramatic. Edited by RedBeard

Thanks Red Beard. I do love monochrome. Midnight Oasis is one that I am very proud of. Not only did hubby rescue the mistreated bulb & bring it home to me to caox back to life & flower, but I also took the photo that formed the basis of the image. 

Who is to save me is pretty much how I felt at the time & feel again that way...guess we all do at times :D

Thanks for the video...I will watch it now. :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Oh MY - what stuning pieces.  As @Redbeard says ........... well, I -ditto- his comments and I'm drooling too.  They take a while to download though.  Is this because you save them in large files?  Or is my computer playing up, I wonder?  Simply love the first two ..... a lot .... Midnight and the one with - is it a pink flower?  Fabulous work smiley-gen014.gif  

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...

Your kidding right?  

Frontcannon hasn't been around for ages, lylcoup.  Besides, at the time he posted that, Barbieq might have needed a new layout.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.