Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Hi all, thanks for your wonderful feedback. I have been a bit lazy & very busy with work. I try to keep up with the comps to show my support... :D & they are fun!

ccr41981, thanks & welcome to you too :D

It is now starting to get just a little bit cooler - bearable almost :D

Here are 2 new images. One I did just after the death of my father & I guess in memory of that experience. The other one with the dogs was a tattoo that I saw. Enjoy...

th_ItCameinStages_zpse7a6e57b.png

th_SunniampZiggy_zpseb08df7c.png

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Aww...the doggy one is a humorous one. I have no idea what you did for the background, but it works very well with the bright gold paw rims. :)

The death image is sad although it has a brightness to it and I can see lots of love in there. Once I see lots of color, I automatically pair it up with something cheerful or in your case, bittersweet. 

• Upvote 1

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I like the Cyd pic.It is cool.I never thought you could do something like that on paint.net.I guess I was wrong!:)I didn't even know about paint.net until my dad told me about it.I don't have a gallery yet,but I will once I start doing something other than coloring on paint.net. :rainbow::PaintBrushTool:

Edited by Ragdoll

Welshy, thanks for the feedback. Ebb & flow, yes that is how it felt. We could be twins separated at birth. :P

Daniels, thank you & I am glad that you enjoy looking at my work. I enjoy making my art & if it makes others happy too, then that is a bonus :D

Skullbonz, I was going to write that Dad & I weren't that close, but even though we didn't see eye to eye on many things, there was still that bond, hard as it is to admit & I guess the various element in the image shows that. Ebb & flow (to borrow Welshy's words) of emotions of the relationship. 

Helen, I cannot even remember what I did for the background but I think it may have been Nebulous with Dents, possibly did a Clipwarp but definitely Metalize was a part of it :D I saw it done as a tattoo but they had the rest of the dog showing in the image too. 

Thanks Matt. I really appreciate the comment & the visit :D 

DrewDale, many thanks to you too. The feeling is mutual. Your works inspire me to keep creating. 

Ragdoll, child of Redbeard, welcome to the forum! Cyd is my girl rat. I love her to bits. She is running around my office at the moment. Why not try out some of the tutes. That is how got started. Create a gallery & post your attempts there & we will help you where we can. :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

You are super awesome with paint.net dude.I REALLY like it.It's SO cool.My dad(RedBeard)reccomended I come look at your gallery.After all,he told me that you are one of the people who inspired him with paint.net.And you inspire me too!I see what he means!I NEED to  learn how to do that stuff.They are SO SUPER cool. :rainbow::PaintBrushTool:

Edited by Ragdoll

Your latest pieces are absolutely beautiful. Death Came In Stages... just... felt right, if you know what I mean. My condolences on the death of your father. :c

The dog paws are quite cute. Four dogs scamper around the house, leaving paw prints all over! :P

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Sorry to read about your father. Yourself and Welshy are not having a very good time at the moment.

Death Came in Stages: Dark,moody, sombre colours with the transparency taking you into the depth of the background. I can feel your experience.Excellent emotive piece.

Paws: What a fun concept (getting inspiration here). The combination of foreground and background really works well. Clever piece.

Thank you Ragdoll :D

Zeri, thank you too. 4 dogs? Wow, I can imagine they would be leaving lots of prints. 

Dug, thank you. Thanks is the bad part about getting older. Glad I could share a bit of inspiration with you all. Judging by your new works, you're doing well :D

I finally got around to trying out Ella's Zen stones tute: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25550-zen-stones/

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/Stone_zpsb376b2ae.png">http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/Stone_zpsb376b2ae.png

I had a background done that I had no idea really what I wanted to use it for. Still thinking that Yellowman's rusting 3D text will happen with it too. 

Ragdoll, you are never too old or too good to try out a tute. It is the very backbone of being a good artist or good at anything for that matter. We can learn from each other anytime :D

I guess I did stones because some days are just like that. Today was ok, yesterday was definitely stone. 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you all for your encouraging comments.

I started out with this texture I made using Nebulous (texture plugin), Dents, & the rest I really don't know: http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/Underwatermetaltexture_zps23445da3.png">http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/Underwatermetaltexture_zps23445da3.png

This texture is manipulated in each of the elements in the image. I changed the colours using Colour Tint, Colour filter of Colour Flip/Rotate.

The left overlap is the texture using Jitter plugin maxed out, then ran a Drop Shadow. Ah, yes, dents, I remember for this bit because it looked to me like Van Gogh's work. Somewhere along the line I did Sin Waves, probably before the Jitter. The drop ripple is in fact Sin waves with PI, transparent gradient, duplicated a couple of times with blend modes toyed with. I also played with Rotate/Zoom & that is probably why it looks like Drop Ripple. It actually had a blue crescent shape but it fought too much with the rest of the image. I should have kept it for another time ;( 

I always worry about the background, so the comments from Welshy, DrewDale & Daniels on the background is very much appreciated. It lets me know that I am on the right track. 

Helen, your influence is seen in the sparklies :D

Ella's tute was easy enough to follow without being too prescriptive on settings. If you haven't tried it I would encourage you to try it out. 

The 

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Sasha :D Backgrounds is what drives me insane. I always put too much in sometimes to the point that it is actually an image in itself. 

Dryda, I wondered what you were commenting on & then Skullbonz commented on the flower image too, so I went back to the gallery start. Aha! You see, I have not updated the first page since we had all the photobucket issues & my intention was to fix it once PB got it together again. Looks like they won't, so at some point over the weekend I will have  to do a gallery reno :D

But honestly, thanks for your lovely encouraging comments. Skullbonz, you made me smile on a grey, rainy Friday.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Newest creation, hot off the keyboard! Entitled My Paris Hat. Inspired by Leene Aavik's Paris Hat.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/MyParisHat_zps792572bf.png">http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/MyParisHat_zps792572bf.png

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Barbie, that's a nice piece of artwork there! Looks modern. The shapes and background fit so well together! 

Such a fascinating image. I love the golden look to the background and the texture is awesome. Who knew a few shadows and highlights could add such a great look to the face?

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA