Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Barbie, you've outdone yourself yet once again. Each name image is different yet at the same time, it has your signature look in all of them. :)  The backgrounds are all gorgeous. Must've taken a while to complete all of them. 

• Upvote 1

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Red, I think I agree on the Drop Shadow...I had trouble incorporating the brown with the pink as per the brief. Also trying to keep my images brighter, like Welshy but keep getting drawn back to the darkness :P I've had a request to do another one like this but less roses & a Cherub in there so we'll see how that one goes. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks Goonie & Sasha. I used Eaon EXT (must have had this on a disk as I cannot find it on Dafont) for the font which has a nice outline. I separated them, golded the outline, & on a new layer, bevelled the inner, went back to the original inner, selected it, copied the background teal (plain teal background right on the bottom below the stripes) & on a new layer pasted it, left it selected, turned off the yellow original inner (I always used yellow for the text to gold it) & ran glass blocks. Not too sure where I placed the layers. On the layer above or below the bevel I made a new layer, selected an ellipse to give a nice curve to the gloss & filled it with about 89 transparency white, reselected the outside part of the turned off text, & deleted the excess from the white to give that nice shine.

Sasha you can call me barbieq. All my friends do even away from the forums.

I had to laugh with the second one because at work one of the workers calls me barbielicious. She has pet names for all of us. 

Thanks guys & gals for your feedback. Much appreciated :D

Edit: Helen & Welshy posted as I was still typing. 

Welshy & Helen, I can see what the attraction is in making sigs. I really enjoyed doing this for others since they request colours that I would not work in normally & I have to think about what someone else would like. For example brown with pink, brown with teal. The only browns I'm into is nice new soil or chocolate. :D As for orange - hardly ever use that colour but I do like the outcome for that one. 

Choosing the text took some time. Must clean out the fonts... Yes, Helen they did take a while to do but the rendering was fast at least, esp with things like the Laplacian filter. 

I have a couple of requests for purplish & a mystic/witchy one (excited!). 

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Skullbonz. Gee I love your sig!

Here are some new ones:

KatrinaOwensKatrinaOnly_zps78bfb5e4.png

KatrinaOwens_zpse7cdf852.png

CarolMaude_zps1b93daae.png

For Carol Maude's I reused an old image since the brief was black, purple, silver & green like her eyes with a witchy/mystical feel. I hope she likes it.

There are quite a number of Red ochre plugins - Katrina's using Clipwarp, & Carol used the Highlight one. Thanks Red!!

EDIT: Trouser Flare I had incorrectly attributed to Red ochre as well but I was wrong - http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25128-lens-flare-plugin/ It was created by SRadforth.

Thanks Red for setting me straight & apologies to SRadforth. 

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hi Barbieq,

Latest ones are great - text is much clearer - agree with Helen - good colour combinations. B)

The 'Trouser Flare' plugin is by SRadforth http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25128-lens-flare-plugin/ - but I'll take credit for the other two!

Co-incidentally Sradforth is from Guildford - about 10 miles away from me and where I grew up (I believe there is a Guildford in Australia too).

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Aw Helen, thank you. It was an old file that I'd messed with, which was an old file that I messed with & did a bit of PI with, blend modes...I've only had one comment so far on the sigs on Facebook & the owners of them are yet to see them. Can't wait...;D

OOPS Red, I really thought it was you. Must be something in the water near you then, I will amend the post. I have more to come so your feedback is valuable.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Somebody has been hard at work. I do sigs for people as well and like you said above some of the briefs are miles away from how you think but the challenge is amazing and the response the people give to what you have created is priceless. The main thing for me is the challenge it produces work that I would never have dreamed of. I think you are making a lot of people very happy. All the sig are great and very inspiring. I know where to come when I run out of ideas. I particularly like the Katrina ones, the colour combination fits brilliantly. Good to see you back on full flow. :smile:  

Oh my goodness - what an amazing array of beautiful signatures.  I really love the one with crochet - but all the others are special in their own unique ways and are so colourful and glossy.  You have used Clipwarp very well indeed :smile:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Somebody has been hard at work. I do sigs for people as well and like you said above some of the briefs are miles away from how you think but the challenge is amazing and the response the people give to what you have created is priceless. The main thing for me is the challenge it produces work that I would never have dreamed of.

I agree :D Thanks Dug for your kind words of encouragement. 

Love the backgrounds on the Maikki and Liz pieces ... they really set off the text.

4 nice sigs.  One suggestion ?  A bit of shadow under Katie ?  I'm not sure if the text disappears into the background or vice versa.  But that could be these tired eyes of mine ...

There is a shadow there Welshy but maybe not enough? It was really hard that one because everything kept getting lost with the other elements.

Helen, I have been inspired to try new things with Clipwarp thanks to you & Pixey. BP, Carol Maude loves hers & said that it was just like her :D - made me happy to know that. Katie was over the moon with hers too.

Drew Dale, you set a high standard :D Thanks for your positive feedback. Much appreciated. 

It is all of you who comment, post your efforts & offer advice that helps to make us better artists. Heartfelt thanks to you all :D

This new one is a request for a cover page on Facebook. I had to find out what the dimensions were etc. so it was a bit of a learning curve for me too.

I had the most fun with the Clipwarp again & the text owes its colour to Object edge which I just love :D Since making these I have had a request for a paid commission :D Totally chuffed!

CrochetByKatrinaFBCoverImage_zps4973d06a

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Jumping jellyfish!  This is so beautiful.  You've outshone yourself (which is hard to do) with this one :smile: .  Congratultions on this lovely soft, sweet signature - the angels are adorable <3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Amazing amazing collection of sigs, no doubt they would be so gald of their sigs, hard for me to pick wich one I like more, KATRINA text ( the first two ones), are fabulous, I have a 3D text software but I can't generate as beatiful as your text, and love the backgound as well, and love textures of KATIE's sig, but the last KATRINA ( with angels) is something else, great piece, and great use of the plugin.

Just about missed this one. You really have a handle on Clipwarp. It is quite impressive what everyone is producing using said plug-in. As you said above about Object edge a great plug-in (maybe a wee bit underrated) but the artistic side to Red ochre knows what he wants from his plug-ins. I think that makes a big difference. Anyway another cracking piece. Congratulations on the commission you deserve it. :smile:

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Clipwarp is just amazing! 

Pixey, I was imagining those jellyfish :P

Helen the border was a result of toying with the XY tiles. 

Yellowman, your comment just blew me away :D Thank you! Everyone has love their sigs & banners.

The woman who asked for the commission has not yet got back to me & I doubt she will. $25 for an original, copyrighted image is not the earth but I guess it is to some folk. 

I have made another one in exchange for something handmade which is coming all the way from America. I will post up both versions since she asked very kindly if the dome highlight could be removed. Yep, just turn off the layer ;) resave...

DesignsbyDeirdreFBCover.png

DesignsbyDeirdreFBCovernodomelight.png

The flowers & the butterflies are stock. The paper is PDN using this incerdibly simple (true!) tute: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21946-rough-paperpapyrus/page__pid__355024__st__0entry355024

Last year I lost another friend to cancer. He wasn't a young man but he was a great friend & he did a lot for the Amateur Radio Club as President for a few years. He also helped me through my own battle. This is how I always want to remember him. The photo is one I had of him when he was in my computer class for oldies. Best class ever. :D

th_VK4KMLSilentKey.png

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012