Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Amazing stuff barbie! I'm curious, how do you think of all this? Sometimes I won't make anything for a while just cause I can't think of a theme/ layout.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

Thanks TH & NMD21.

The texture is partly Chad's concrete tute (search will find it for you I am sure) & overlaid with some gold stuff. Honestly, I don't remember how the gold came about exactly but I can reuse it because I keep a file of the textures I like.

The ideas come from everywhere. I look at a lot of others' galleries & then try these out with my own slant, often combining ideas. Sometimes I do tutes & I get so side tracked that I end up abandoning the tute & following a new line of thought.

Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Really love Dark Fleur, the texture's uhmaaazing, though I think too much of the shape is shadowed.

Don't get me wrong, Future View of the Past is quite good too, though well, not as much as the former :D

2cckl15.png

i realy should visit youre gallery more often.. dark fluer tok me a bit by surprise.. im used to seeing nice shiney gold piping in your work..but i love that grundgy, half rusted look :D

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Chad's concrete tute is so versatile as we find out all the time. I miss him here.

MountNMan - maybe I should have kept that one for the rusty WOTW?

In any case I have been really busy with work & other things but should get back here a bit more often.

Dark Fleur kinda caught me off guard a bit too but I am pleased with the outcome.

Working on some new things...

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

New works are up on page 1 or you can looky here:

th_EmailHell.png

Email Hell, referring to the persistence of my defunct email address

th_LovesWings.png

Love's Wings

th_ParadiseDawn.png

Paradise Dawn

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

We all know that computers are sometimes too intuitive for their own good. Work decided to give me a corporate email address but my previous private address cannot be deleted from their system & of course everyone just goes with the auto-suggest. I then have to email their email to myself. I've sent out about 100 reminders on which address to use. The IT guru suggested that he give them all a slapping & clean their glasses so they can use the right one. I love the guy but sadly he got a better offer & now I have to mould a new IT guy. :lol:

I am so pleased you could see the look I wanted for the cat. Just how I felt.

Bird of paradise flowers/plants come in so many different sizes & colours. I have some planted that get to be about 20 ft tall with more blues than oranges.

Thanks so much Welshy for the great comments. Big hug to you! :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 4 weeks later...

hi bbq,

just went through all your artworks again, which i really like (even though I don't say much in the topics and all, I do love to watch all the artworks on the forum) the one I like the best is Hope, from your older works, it actually gives me a hope-feeling when I look at it. You use such nice colors always, your artwork always gives a light. you're a great artist :)

• Upvote 1

Aislin, I am pleased that Hope makes you feel that way. That is what I was trying so hard to achieve.

With most of my pieces there is an emotion that I was trying to convey. Many people see things that I don't & each person brings their own emotion to an artwork.

Your comments mean a great deal to me because you are a great artist too & what you see is what I try to achieve. You have let me know that I hit the mark. Thanks Aislin & a big hug to you.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Nitenurse & llke - many thanks for your kind owrds of encouragement.

It is hard to believe that I have not posted an image in a month. Here are 3 new ones - well 2 are new & one is a rework of a couple of older ones.

th_ADGothicBlue.png

AD Gothic Blue

th_Christmas3.png

Christmas 3

th_SummerFish.png

Summer Fish

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Gothic Dreams is lovely. I like how the jewel is horizontally-placed like that. The background. Oh my gosh. It's a beauty. I like the soft, glowy parts to it. The Christmas image is so cute! I like the simple style to it and the tree being red is a little different than the traditional green color. Summer Fish is awesome. The outlined parts of it is just amazing--your style somewhat reminds me of stained-glass work.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks for the kind words Welshy. Here are a couple more versions. Not sure which one I like best.

th_ADGothicBlue2.png version 2

th_ADGothicBluev3.png version 3

th_ADGothicBluev4.png version 4

Something that I did different was to put a 1 pixel line of black around the yellow part of the Summer Fish image just to stop it from like "floating away". Not sure if I should have blurred it a bit more or if it indeed works. Looks ok to me but others may have a different idea.

Helen's portfolio reminded me of the wonderful strong colours & shine that can be achieved. So thanks Helen :D I have always loved the slightly stained glass look with the gold fretwork.

The gold part on the AD Gothic Blue is from a file that Welshy sent me years ago (yep, it really has been that long!)

Thanks Helen & Welshy!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I like Version 2 of these recent 3 pieces simply because it shows a bit more depth from the overlapping decorative edgings and their shadows on the piece.

Edited by jim100361