Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

I absolutely love how you create something so manly, but then there's a little femininity in there, as well. I hope you don't mind me saying that. I think that's really cool. Barbie, you've done a spectacular job on this image. The way you made the center pieces so shiny is excellent.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshy, Gothic, yep love that look too. Maybe I should explore this a bit more too. So much art, so little time :lol: The bakcground started out as an image from some literacy resources I found. Inspiration can creep up anywhere. Much of today's lesson involved art :lol: 2 weeks off now *boogie* Glad you like it too. Dark is good :lol:

Red Ochre, always a pleasure to get a visit from you. Yes, mine is a 400/4 but hubby has a Yamaha TX750 that he is making into a Laverda or vice versa :lol: In any case the TX750 Downunder group are behind him & esp one member who is a genius when it comes to tracking down NOS (new old stock) & rebuilding or making unobtainium parts :D He has basically rebuilt hubby's motor & photographed the bits as a visual diary. Needless to say I saw potential in that. My son has a R1 & I started to manipulate bike images when he posted his on Facebook. He said to give his bike some eyes & it really kinda took off from there. I don't post many of the images here for the TX wallpapers because they will be commercially available soon :D

The parts are from the starter motor clutch for the TX. Mind you I will be doing the same to my bike too when I start the stripping process. Still collecting parts at the moment. Hubby is getting me a new seat to die for - cafe racer style, from Italy. Got throw that bit of cosmopolitan in too. I was born in Germany, raised mostly in Australia, spent a lot of time in the bush but also love the city life, hence I see myself cosmopolitan rather than just one thing. Like eclectic or is that eccentric? :lol:

I love that you can see the sun filtering into the dark recesses of an old building, coz I got that too. To me it is quite fitting to put the old TX parts with the image. Thanks so much for your comments on what you see in an image. That to me is really important.

Helen, I don't mind one bit you saying that it is manly. It is good to know that I can create an artwork for that audience & from that perspective too. So I really appreciate you saying it. I think there is a bit for ying/yang in all things. Thanks Helen! There really needs to be a hug smiley!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Beautiful dark rich colors, warm glow and wonderful Victorian accent. I was basking in the serenity of the piece wondering about

the "Dark Dreams" title, when I spotted the steam punk face/mask hiding in plain sight just left of the clutch parts. My, you are clever.

My tin foil hat's off to you. Excellent!

• Upvote 1

Oh Jaxon, you gave me such a laugh. Thanks for stopping by & commenting. We all need an injection of laughter at times & I love the way you think. :lol:

Rather than double posting, I will edit...

th_ThistleDown.png

ThistleDown Wallpaper 1920 x 1080

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

What a beauty! I always wished for something like this image--like a plant inside a globe. I love how you made the thistle with the pointy edges and the small jewels just add to the fabulosity of it. The background is just clever. The way it goes from a tile-like pattern to a crystallized one is a great idea! Wow. Great work, barbie!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Beautiful work.  You have a wonderful artistic style.

The Welsh Roses was one of my favorites. Absolutely gorgeous piece. I agree with Aislin: it looks as though you could reach out and grab the ball and pull it out of the picture. Nice work!

Edited by RedBeard

Oh Jaxon, you gave me such a laugh. Thanks for stopping by & commenting. We all need an injection of laughter at times & I love the way you think. :lol:

Yep, laughter is pretty good medicine.

All seriousness aside... Your ThistleDown Wallpaper is another beautiful example of your talent.

Question for you - the arrows and line pattern you use around the orb, are those just straight line tool? I know, it's a dumb question, but I have always wondered and didn't think to ever ask till now. For some reason, I like the pattern better on the bottom left instead of in the orb. I mean, the jewel pattern on the bottom left instead of in the orb. Either way, it's a pretty design.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

New work...the wire frame is modified from a stained glass pattern. Some of the elements of the face are saved from previous works but got a bit of modding - except for the lips. I like the way they turned out so I am not messing with them coz they ain't busted :P

th_Charlie.png

Charlie 1920 x 1080 Wallpaper

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Helen. I am glad you like it. As noted on Fans, it is the Charleston look that I wanted for her. Art Deco, I think is one of those styles that I will often revisit.

Sokagirl, what a treat to have you back here! Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope to see a lot more from you.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Tried to look up Charleston's art work, and only got Charleston, a town in South Carolina. I remember you had made something like this, let me look...(at my dA favorite collections, that is), and I see at least 3 pieces you did that had similar faces. "Hear No Evil," "Spring Queen," and "I See Red" are the pieces that jumps out at me with similar styles. It's good to see those styles from you again. Been a while. Not that I don't enjoy your abstract pieces.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Charleston Dance Becomes Popular (1923): The Charleston dance became popular after appearing along with the song, "The Charleston," by James P. Johnson in the Broadway musical Runnin' Wild in 1923.

Although the origins of the dance are obscure, the dance has been traced back to blacks who lived on an island off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina (which is why the dance is called "Charleston"). The Charleston dance had been performed in black communities since 1903, but did not become internationally popular until the musical debuted in 1923.

The music for the Charleston is ragtime jazz, in quick 4/4 time with syncopated rhythms.

The dance uses both swaying arms and the fast movement of the feet. To begin the dance, one first moves the right foot back one step and then kicks backwards with the left foot while the right arm moves forward. Then both feet and arms are replaced to the start position and the right foot kicks forwards while the right arm moves backwards. This is done with a little hop in between steps.

The Charleston dance became extremely popular in the 1920s, especially with Flappers. The dance could be done by oneself, with a partner, or in a group.

Source: http://history1900s.about.com/od/1920s/qt/charleston.htm

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

HIP - now that is something I have not heard in a long time but so good! Yes, I agree with the male names thing but also at this time there were many rights for women being enforced, motor cars (those awful machines :lol: electricity became much more common, so many advances) Post-war & they were looking at a brave new world. I love that era more than any other.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...