Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Hi. bbq.

you have been a busy bee lately..3 fab new pieces. hard to choose a fav. :/

stone moon..great textures..and well put together..

sargon's gold..really like the silver.. :D

perlin..now this is very good..really love the tex.in the background frames..I really like this.. B)

p.s...love the new header too!

regards j.d.

Thanks j.d. Always happy to have you stop by. I'm glad you like the new pieces. I've learnt a lot from the tutes that have sprung up just lately.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Sorry to double post - Peter Pawn sent me some instruction on how to use Alpha Masking. I tested it out on the image on p.1.

AM was used on the letter B which was bevelled before masking. In doing this I think it gave a much better result than bevel could have done on its own. I had to add a layer of black under it after masking. Also used AM on the barbieq bit & the Rays part in the background.

Also modified the way I usually do the jewels, taking in the advice PP & Sargon freely gave. Personally, I think this gives a much better result.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I think what i like the most about your works are the backgrounds! especially in typography and your new AMDemo piece. Dont get me wrong, i like every part of your pictures, but i love the backgrounds!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

tartan stone is beautiful! so 3d it looks like it could pop out of my monitor! you are very good at gold and jewels!

We're all wise guys.

great outcome bbq. tartan looks really well in the gold frames. GREAT jewel. :D really great 3d effect on it.

nice colouring on the jewel too..different.. :P

regards j.d.

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments.

Welshy, that reminds me of what happened one day at school when the boys decided to swap their shorts for the girls' skirts - draughty they said! :mrgreen:

The tartan jewel came about with a lot of help from friends writing fantastic tutes. I know I've said it many times but tutes are a great way to learn about plugins & also some of the basics of elements of design.

Newest one is Secrets...think I have two of those now :/ (an age thing I guess). It is the application of things learnt from previous tutes along with another great tute from Sargon. Link on the first page.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

im glad you chose to do silver! its a nice change of color. the jewel is fantastic, the background is fantastic, and everything else about it is great! at first i didnt like the red glow around the edges, but now that i look at it again, i dont think its bad at all.

We're all wise guys.

The jewel is great! the spanners look real! I love the text! The background is dark and mysterious! Great picture!

We're all wise guys.

Heatstroke, I agree about the red glow but when I took it out it looked like it needed to be there so I put it back. Thanks for stopping in & for such a nice comment too. It's great to hear or read at least, what people think about the images & it's good to see that you have taken some time to think about it. Thankies!

JulioCoolio, thank you too!

New image with explanation on page 1.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks so much Chrisco! It was Welshy's spanner tute after all.

Latest work is a collaboration between Peter Pawn & myself. We had worked on this one for over a week & I learnt a great deal from him. It was a most enjoyable learning experience.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

OMG!!!!! =O=O

What an astonishing piece of work you both have done here..just jaw dropping =O

I'm lost for appropiate words to compliment both of you..so I'll just leave it at...WOW!!!

regards j.d.

The lighting, and the textures amaze me! a beautiful work of art!

We're all wise guys.