Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Thanks, Chrisco.

New one added. Red Blood Cells - as opposed to White Blood Cells, an album by White Stripes. Raw, organic music that expresses how I feel so well at times. Fave is Get Behind Me Satan or Elephant depending on my mood. 7 Nation Army was really good for getting my young whipper-snapper out of bed in the morning. He'd always leave it in his player & after asking 3 times for him to get up - I'd turn it on full blast & walk away. 3 seconds & he was out off bed...

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Hexratt & Chrisco - thank you. Glad you like it.

Hexratt - the avvie would look stunning on a very dark or even black background. I love that craft!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Amethyst is beautiful , the gold is back yay .. I love seeing your gold creations , so amazing . Each piece you put together is incredible . Of course I also love the other two the green dream has a silky feel to it but my favorite is the red blood cells :coffee::D

Glad you like them Sokagirl. I have had some comments about my work being the same nearly all the time. Well that is my style.

Page 1 has some new work which is different in that it is not a jewel & not an abstract - well sort of - inspired by Sokagirl's dedication to Dali - it is a surreal work. Pure PDN - image used as reference only.

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I've often been asked to do a more realistic piece. Normally I don't want or like to do realistic but this was an idea that came to me...not sure if there is a work by one of the masters or even an album cover that has sky with chillies floating.

Listening to Red Hot Chilli Peppers driving home in the rain gave me the idea since Sokagirl's Dali style work. I like what she did & it just inspired me to do a work in surrealism.

Thanks too for the nice comment on Green Dream.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Nope the car is stock. I should state that in there. I'll go fix it now. Hexratt is the King of Cars!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Well, considering you didn't make most of it, just the text, it isn't fantastic. I like the text though, don't get me wrong, but just not even close to your best. I really hope you are not offended...

Oh, I love that car image! I was gonna say it look even more realistic than mine but I read the part that it is stock photo. I bet you can make cars just as good as I can or even better. You have way better art skills than I do. The way I make my cars is the like the old fashion way; I look at the colors as one single color with lighter or darker shades and the primary tools I use are the paint brush, lines/curves, and plugin gausian blur. I love digital canvass better paper one because, when I make a mistake there's undo button unlike paper canvass where I would scrap and start over. This was one of your earlier works, right? I wish I could make text like that, awesome text. I have a used car background in mind I want to make, with those texts on the outside of window. Guess, I'll have start reading the text tutorials next. Keep up the good work!

sighhexratt1.jpg

Text is Groovalicous Tweak from Dafont.

If you apply the same techniques I mentioned on how to do the gold you should get similar results. OK. I'll start to write up a tute.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hexratt, Peter Pawn wrote down the steps he uses - he's way better than me. I prefer to use bevel & curves. if you go back a few pages, I wrote the steps or it could be in the realistic thread. I know that I have been asked for it a few times.

Have a look at this one: http://peterpawn.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2lyiqe

New images on page one from a tute.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Awesome tutorial, thanks for link.

Your results are very creative from that tutorial. I used that one to make my sig and is very plain compared to yours. You have a fantastic

imagination and creativity illustrated by your artworks.

sighhexratt1.jpg

OMG. Barbie! both fantastic images..Amber Noveau has a "velvety" feel to the background and "other side"

is intense but intriging. really well done :D

I have tried this tut. also but cannot seem to get a suitable finish to it..(not glassy enough!) will keep trying though.

Btw..good to see the gold back,, :mrgreen:

regards j.d.