Barbieq25 Gallery - Gallery update 2 new p. 1

barbieq25

Your work always makes me happy. I LOVE your color choice and your ideas. The flowers are gorgeous in Summer Love and look like little trumpets. The different-colored lines are amazing in Back in Time and the wheel seems to be moving--couldn't have been made better to depict time travel. :)

• Upvote 1

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@NMD: Perhaps now is when I should use that link to the other thread? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Its from Chaoscope. Essentially a Fractal/Flame generator image. Then some solid PDN work to incoporate it ...

• Upvote 1

Gallery at PDN-Fans

NMD - thankies!

Delpart, thanks you too for the positive feedback.

Redbeard, thanks & your wish is granted :D

th_BeneathDarkWaters.png

Beneath Dark Waters

th_CocktailHour.png

Cocktail Hour - Eames/atomic era

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Red Beard, thanks so much. I wanted for a while now to say how much I love your new sig but I get side-tracked. What a fabulous application of the tute. Well done!

Yes, I did post it there too but thanks again for stopping in here & laving a comment. It means a lot to me Helen.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yep, I wholeheartedly agree there Welshy. A superb selection of wallpapers Barbie. It`s hard to pick a favourite because they are all so good. ;)

I have to agree. Your entire body of work is impressive, Barbieq. You've got a phenomenal style and your execution is flawless.

New works:

th_ADPurpleSatin.png

AD Purple Satin

th_LonelyValentine.png

Lonely Valentine

th_FourCornersCollabwithUndeadAcademy.png

Four Corners a collab with Patty aka Undead Academy aka Redeemer

th_PinkRain3.png

Pink Rain

th_Scorpios.png

Scorpios

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Holy Bajoley! Your new works are definitely worth seeing. Your collab with Patty is a great piece. Lonely Valentine is very interesting and the background behind it is outstanding! For "Purple Satin" I think the word "elegant" fits it best. It's so pretty. Pink Rain and Scorpios have a great repeating pattern.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I have some exciting news & a new work to celebrate the news with. Today we got a 1986 red Trans Am, converted to RH drive. Still has lots of work to restore it but the shell is in great condition. Going to be a great project for winter.

Here is the photomanip - thank goodness hubby can take a decent photo:

th_TransAmOurs.png

TransAm - Ours

Helen, the background was done in part with MultiView Warp at max.

Thanks Jim!

NDM - funny! Yes, text is not the same :D

Welshy, I like the AD Purple Satin a lot too & I was able to incorporate the Radial Blur to get the torus shape.

RedBeard - thanks so much but Goonie did point out that the highlight could have been toned down a bit to allow the shapes & colour through a bit more...On the other hand - it makes you look ;D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I have some exciting news & a new work to celebrate the news with. Today we got a 1986 red Trans Am, converted to RH drive. Still has lots of work to restore it but the shell is in great condition. Going to be a great project for winter.

Here is the photomanip - thank goodness hubby can take a decent photo:

th_TransAmOurs.png

TransAm - Ours

RedBeard - thanks so much but Goonie did point out that the highlight could have been toned down a bit to allow the shapes & colour through a bit more...On the other hand - it makes you look ;D

I suppose "flawless" could be subjective. At any rate, I thoroughly enjoy Lonely Valentine as is.

Love the new photo manip. It helps to have a good source photo. I'm totally digging the way the flames jump from the screaming chicken. I love the way you've isolated the back panel and made it the focus of attention.

Also, I'm jealous. I would love to have an awesome muscle car in my garage. Oh, well.

Congratulations on a worthy acquisition!

• Upvote 1

Thanks RedBeard - we need a bigger garage now. :lol: The car came all the way from Van Nuys.

Mostly with the image I did a Lomography filter, diamond transparent gradient, black background, the chicken gave me the run around...After running it to ground, it put i on its own layer - too many things but I remember I Fragmented & then ran Fire! Blurred & duplicated the layer multiple times & enlarged it a bit too. Could have been a layer blend mode - ah yes - the white part - duplicated & layer blend mode set to Addition to bring out the whiteness after the blurring from the Lomo. Phew! I was almost frenzied doing this so it's hard for me to remember.

Flawless is quite objective & I am pleased you think it is. Art is after all about perception.

I keep looking at your sig - boy that is classy.

Thank you too begirl001 & welcome again :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Impecable as per usual.It's been a wee while since my last visit so i have to go back a bit.Which starts with Beneath Dark Waters:Anything with wildlife involved catches my eye first every time.The sheen on the fish is perfect.The colours in Cocktail Hour are so vibrant.(makes me think of Mary Poppins"chim-chimeney").I like the silver text with the background in Pink Rain it works nicely.The gold work in Scorpios flawless as ever and Purple Satin,Lonely Valentine so glossy with the enhancement your backgrounds always g

ive to them.It's been a pleasure catching up. ;)

Sorry for the edit I forgot the photo man-nip.Really subtle, blends well,just the right background.COOL!

Edited by dug
  • Upvote 1