barbieq25

Barbieq25 Gallery - 12 August New Wallpaper p.1

nemo    0
Good to see you showing your work on the main forum :)

Agreed :D, i love the oval mesh jewel. Great colours.

barbieq25    705

Thanks, Nemo & AFG.

It took me a while to figure it all out...& then waiting for the download quota too.

Nemo, your new sig & av are so pretty. I love it! Reminds me of knights & maidens & of course my most favourite - dragons. :D

Sharp    3

Nice work on all of them. I see you've been working through a bunch of the tuts, good job. They are really helpful for learning all the in's and out's of PDN :) I think the oval mesh jewel is my favorite piece.

barbieq25    705

Thank you, Sharp.

Yes, I've worked through a lot of tutes to get the hang of PdN. I am so grateful to those like you that take the time to write them.

Your jellyfish is very cool indeed. I also like the minimalism wallpaper for its shapes & muted colours.

I want to try your spacescape tute next. I did something similar with noise but wasn't 100% happy with the result.

theonlychad    5

As others have said its great to see that you have been showing the main forum some love as well :D. I will get around to writing that mini tut and posting it in my gallery this weekend. I know it has been forever since you asked for it lol but i have been trying to simplify it to a certain degree.

barbieq25    705

Like you, I have art in my head all the time...the flutterbye I had to do before it drove me nuts. Pleased you like it. I find this forum a bit overwhelming tho... but there is a lot to be learnt here too.

Thanks for the feedback.

barbieq25    705

@yy10...this is a very busy place...easy to miss things. Glad you like my works. Entered the sig comp too though I think I missed the point a bit.? Like it maybe should have had Good vs Evil in the sig? Anyway, should be fun.

@Chad, hey dude, those marbles look ever awesomer! You've really done a fine job on them. Pat on the back for you.

I was going to do some cogs & try out the blood spatter as rust but apart from making my own stock, all the rest is too jaggy. So slipping this one on the back burner. I want to do more cogs tho!

In the meantime, working on dragonflies. Planning on a scarab beetle. Need to work out how to get it irridescent. Thinking on this one.

nemo    0

to get that oily effect can be a tad tricky. If i get the time ill pm you a mini way i would do it if you would like. Lord knows im sure there are easier ways though..i go around the houses all the time :lol:

edit: forgot to mention, possum may be able to give yuo some great tips. Recently done some lovely sleek oily style abstracts in the pictoruim/gallery