Pixel Competition - Results!

Rubrica

Oh I wasn't asking for an exception, I totally understand. :) You have to follow the rules to win! I just thought it was funny, and I'd share that it wasn't that I didn't want to enter, I thought the competition was a great idea. I'll try to post this evening to "show off" my work. I don't have paint.net on this computer. :D

EDIT: Actually I might be able to open it with MS Paint... and save as a JPG. :)

Votes must be in by the twenty-fourth, as stated in the first post.

Also, voting for the next theme begins now.

First Post:

Voting Guidelines

To vote, PM me in this format:

"Who you vote for:

Why you vote for them:

Would you like people to know you voted for them?"

And then, the results will be posted, with everyone's votes recorded and displayed, and for people who answered yes to the final question, it will display who voted for whom. This way, we can all be very nosy.

Entries

Deadline: 17th October

Right! Now, this is just an experimental concept, but we've decided that as the pixel art base are belong to lots more people (:D) we'd try a contest. But for a contest, you need a theme. So, what's the theme?

Buildings.

A nice, easy and general theme to start us off with. So, get pixeling!

Rules

- Entries made before the contest are allowed, only if they were made a maximum of one month before, to keep your skills around the same as they are now. As well, if it has been entered into any Paint.NET forum contest before, it cannot enter this contest. Finally, it is encouraged that you make some slight modifications.

- Images must be no larger than 630x360, no smaller than 150x200.

- Only one entry per person.

- Layers are allowed.

- Partial and full transparency is allowed (though I kind of frown on it)

- Any inspiration and stock (not that you're likely to be using stock images) must be linked to or otherwise given credit.

- MS Paint may be used, since their's not really too much difference in this art style.

- NO CHEATING! :D

Resources

A pixel art tutorial.

Making cubes.

Making buildings.

Some examples of pixel art, made by forum members.

Thanks for the date. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see where the first post says that anywhere.

May I say these entries have absolutely blown me away. It's good to see paint.NET produce things other than Polar Inversion Abstracts. I really would like to try my hand at this, when is the next competition coming up?

Congrats TopHATslash, yours was awesome :D

Holy...i just looked at the entries ( a tad late aye?), everyones was good but LFC, yours blew me away..so much work and thought gone into that :shock:. Out of intrest did you draw it out on paper to get an idea of where and how you wanted everything?

Just a little late, aye. :D

Anyway, I want to get the next comp up as soon as possible,, so:

We've got until the end of the day, GMT, to think of a new theme! I might extend it to the end of tomorrow if there aren't enough suggestions. Don't post them here, though, post them in the discussion thread I'm just about to make.

Holy...i just looked at the entries ( a tad late aye?), everyones was good but LFC, yours blew me away..so much work and thought gone into that :shock:. Out of intrest did you draw it out on paper to get an idea of where and how you wanted everything?

Thanks man. I didn't draw it out on paper, i just sorta did it. I was inspired by Prison Break though. An awesome series, and i'm about to complete it by watching Prison Break: The Final Break. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.