Pixel Competition - Results!

Rubrica

oh :oops: , my appolagies, i meant no offense when i put he, but i always refer to :THE PERSON: as he because it dosn't seem as rude as calling you 'it' so i hope there was no offense

lol not u.

Untitled1.png

Previously dgirl555, but now you can call me epic

Oh, and I really like airbrushing photos

Hi! I know, I know, I'm pushy, but I just thought, what with being a mod and all, you might have missed my previous PM? Sory to be rude. :)

Actually, surprisingly, I don't really get a lot of PMs. I saw your other message, but I've been a little under the weather and a little busy with work, and haven't had the chance to reply.

I see there's the thread here, which is the only thread I see about the competition, but I'm uncertain as to whether or not that's the thread itself or a discussion thread. The first post has the rules and such, but the rest of the first page is just talking or asking questions about the competition. It isn't until the 30th post that an actual related image is posted, and I'm not even certain whether or not it's an actual submission what with the "I might re-enter if I get around to adding more to it" caveat the user mentions.

Further, with the open stance on usable programs, it kinda defeats the original intent of the competitions in GD&Q - showing what PdN can do in the hands of different people. Not that the open stance is a bad thing, seeing as how pixel-art is sort of a non-traditional method, so using alternate programs doesn't drastically affect the results, but because it is non-traditional, it doesn't exactly fit the same mold.

If we had a competitions subforum in the Pictorium, I'd consider moving it there, but in it's current formative state, I feel it's a little too ill-defined for GD&Q right now. I will bring up the topic of a special competitions subforum again with the other mods and see where it goes.

I'm sorry to disappoint, and I don't mean to offend or discourage. The competition itself is a unique one, and seems like it'd be interesting for people who enjoy creating that type of art. Keep refining the concept throughout this first run, see how much participant support it garners, and I'll see about creating a place that unique contests like this one can call home.

Cheers, :)

CMDan

There you go. :)

Now then, themes for next competition... I have a few ideas.

Plants.

Fixed Colours (but a lot stricter) (and do I smell plagiarism?)

Fixed size

Fixed location (IE, woods, cityscape, a room...)

2D

So, what do you think?

Can the maximum size rule be removed? Perhaps a minimum size could be put in place, instead of a maximum. Maybe a minimum size of about 150x200 or something?

I wanna add more to my entry but the canvas size is limiting me. :(

I only need to go to 600x360.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

The contest will soon draw to a close! Prepare your votes! You can send them in now, but you might want to wait, just in case of an unexpected, last minute entry...

Hidden Content:
Like this!

kairosfinal.png

I know, there are no shadows, let's just say it's a very sunny, happy, utopian day. :P So anyway, voting is now open, but wait just in case...

I found it annoying looking for the entries, so i'll quote them for other voters:

Well, its not really finished, but i cannot be bothered to do any more work to it. I was gonna add a background, and other stuff, but procrastination overpowered the will to do more to the piece. :mrgreen:

Anyway..

pixelbuilding2.png

:)

kairosfinal.png

I know, there are no shadows, let's just say it's a very sunny, happy, utopian day. :P So anyway, voting is now open, but wait just in case...

mine

officek.png

It'll be a disadvantage, then. Is this a yes?

If so...

rhfjdjejdn.png

rhfjdjejdu.png

That's my entry, I might re-enter if I get around to adding more to it.

Edit: Plan-beaten.

KaHuc.png