How do I "send to back"

valleycem

I have been looking all over and I can't find how to "send to back" and "bring to front" when you have 2 images and you want to send one behind the other or vice versa.

Well you can move layers up and down using the buttons located on the layers window (the up and down arrows).

To send a layer to the back you move it down and to move it to the front you move it up. :wink:

157kfaf.png

In this example pic, if I was to move Layer 2 up it will be over Layer 3. If I moved in down it would be under the background layer.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Are you sure you are moving the right layers? If you move a layer to the back it means to move it down. Can there be any other possible meaning?

Is there a tutorial you are trying to follow? If so, please post a link.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

If you're thinking anything like the things in Word and stuff, then yeah, layers. But you've gotta make sure whatever you're trying to send it behind is separate from the actual background, or else you'll lose it behind the background.

Untitled1.png

Previously dgirl555, but now you can call me epic

Oh, and I really like airbrushing photos

... and the "foreground" layer needs to have some transparent areas so the "background" layer will show through.

• 8 years later...

My version did not have the side bar. However, under Select there was a choice of transparent selection. That choice did the trick. Thanks for getting me to look in the right section to find the answer.

4 minutes ago, MamaJulie13 said:

My version did not have the side bar.

Just hit [F7] key.

Edited by IRON67

• toe_head2001 changed the title to How do I "send to back"
  • BoltBait locked this topic