Crop to fixed size

Hi,

I guess the (non existing) crop tool is a regualar issue. Please don't hit me for opening a new post ;)

For managing a website I need to edit / resize many images to a given and fixed size (150x200px). I would really like to do this in Paint.NET, but it's not that easy: I select the part of a given image using the fixed ratio setting (150 / 200), crop the selected part and resize it to the size.

This job would be accomplished much easier if I could enter the required size to a "crop to fixed size" tool / plugin, select the part of the image and get a resized image when finished.

Does a function / tool / plugin like this exist? If not: What do you think about the idea?

Thanks for your answers and kind regards,

Philipp

Thank you for the music ... aaaeehm Paint.NET

Hi APShredder,

thank you for your really fast answer!

Unfortunatly this does not work as I wanted it to work: I get a fixed size canvas, but need a flexible canvas in the right ratio.

Imagine I get a digital photo with a resolution of 1000+ pixels, e. g. of you. Now I want to put your face on my website, but I can use only images having a size of 150x200px. If I use the "Fixed Size" rectangle tool I can either select your teeth or your eye lashes. But I want to select all your face (the selected part would be much larger than 150x200px) and get a 150x200px image after cropping.

Please apologize that I used you as an example. I hope I could clearify my requirements.

Philipp

OK, I think I knwo what you want to do. First, you should use the Rectangle tool with a fixed ratio like before, then once you get a selection you like, click Crop to Selection ( :Crop: ), and then finally go to Image --> Resize and change your image to the size you want. Hopefully that works. :wink:

I know that this works. I think I discribed your idea in my first post ;)

My question was if there is an easier way - since I need to edit loads of images I would like to give the size once and try to avoid using the select and crop and resize dialogues every time.

Kind regards

Philipp