Fireworks PNG format

Hi,

I did a lot of work with Macormedia Fireworks over the last year.

So my question: is there a plugin (I searched but didn't find anything) or another way to open this kind of PNG files

in Paint.NET?

I know I can open these files - but they are "flat", what I need is access to the object in there.

Regards

Manfred

To answer your question, No. The file you are trying to open is the equivalent of trying to open up a .pdn file in Fireworks or Photoshop. Saving as a .png file means it is a single flat image, as opposed to, like a .pdn file, a file that saves all the layers and layer settings.

An alternative to what you are trying to achieve is saving each layer, or object as a single image and opening them in different layers in PDN.

Hope this helps, and that I understood you correctly :D

Yes you understood what I ment - I guess.

I Fireworks PNG files are not "flat".

And my approach (hope) was that there is some kind of "import Filter" to open these files in Paint.NET.

Or to use your words:

>>The file you are trying to open is the equivalent of trying to open up a .pdn file in Fireworks or Photoshop.

I would say:

What I ask about is open: Trying to open a Photoshop (PSD) file in Firworks :D

By the way - this works.

Regards

Manfred

The difference between a regular PNG image and that used in Fireworks is that Fireworks also saves layer data, vector plots and other information: data that cannot be read by Paint.NET.

A solution to this is to save your layered project in PSD format, and use our corresponding file type plugin, Photoshop File Plugin, to open your file in Paint.NET. The plugin has limitations (for example, bloated file size and blend-mode conversions are not true) but it does it's job.

EDIT: having just read Harold's kind offer, do keep returning to see if it comes to fruition.