dpy

Circle Text

Well, finally sorted the problem. It was down to the fact that I had not got an Ariel font on board. Don't know how that came about, but anyway all is OK now. Many thanks for your time, everyone.

Eric

I have the same issue with the Ariel font not being installed. Where's a safe place where I can download it?

Never mind. I fixed this problem. Found the good ol XP install disc. :)

Edited by KeyLogic

Is there anyway to change the text's colour using circle text?

As far as I'm aware, you need to pick your colour first from the colour wheel before you run circle text ;)

First of all, thank you greatly for all the plugins.  Secondly, I have the same question as mrgillus.  The circle text plugin is great for creating curved/arched text for most projects.  However, I am working with a larger project that requires a radius larger than 1000.  Is it possible to enhance the circle plugin so that I can enlarge the radius even further?  Thank you very much!!!

If you put the circle of text on its own layer, then you can make it bigger. Another option might be to put once space between each letter. Not really what you were looking for but these are the best options I can think of at the moment.

I actually have a relatively particular request...

I need a larger radius. More specifically a radius of ~2500. However this plugin is limited at 1000.

Can you possibly eliminate the radius limit? (Or atleast raise it substantually.)

--

To explain. I am building a watchface for my Android Wear device using an application called "Wear Picture Watch". And it allows me to rotate images based on time. [seconds, Minutes or Hours].

So what I want to do is create a few very large circle with the numbers [0-59],[1-12],[0-23] and essentially have them spaced such that only one number is on the screen at a time. And in turn rotating whatever fraction (IE 1/60th for 60 seconds) will place the next number in the exact position of the first, and so on.

This is why I need such a huge radius. Because I want the fonts to be larger [higher-res], and then the spacing also needs to be quite vast.

I'm having a heck of a time.  I've added plug ins a bunch of times, but with this one, every time I try to unzip it to my effects folder, it gets to 90% and just stops and hangs there.  Is it just my computer or what could be wrong that I need to do?  Thanks SO much!  I need some circle and arched text badly!  ;)

f/u:  Well, something's going on because now I can't install any plug ins.  Keeps saying can't be found or something or other.  I don't know what to do.

Edited by designerdiva72

Try this:

Unzip the zip file to your desktop. Move the *.dll into the \paint.net\Effects\ folder. Restart paint.net.

Thanks SO SO much!  I had to do some moving around of the files and such, but it finally worked!  You're a blessing!!!!

This plugin doesn't paint some Unicode symbols, such as Runic (ᚠᚢᚦᚫᚱᚲᚷᚹ).

Usual Text tool types them well (Arial font), but CircularText puts rectangles.

Can it be corrected, please?

Thank you very much!

I love dpy's plugins and Pant.Net in general.

All the best to all beings!

<3

So is this plugin limited to only certain fonts? Because I'm trying to use it with a font I downloaded more recently & it's not coming up as an option.  :(

(I have version 1.2. There an updated version I need?)

Edited by Rickenbacker

There ares some fonts that Circle Text does not support, for example, I have this message for the !Sketchy Times font.  Paint.Net can use it but not the Circle Text  effect.

circle-text-font-4e98765.png

Have you correctly installed the font? What type of font is it? Can you use the font in paint.net?

I'm pretty sure its installed properly. I was able to use it fine without the plugin. Its called Victor Moscoso. Looks very 60s.

I just downloaded the font Victor Moscoso and it works for me. I am using Circle Text v1.4 as you see in the image.

circle-text-victor-moscoso-4e9891a.png

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 1

Fonts... Italianno... I just installed this in Windows. New font is available in Word, Paint.Net, others, but not CircleText.

Shouldn't CircleText just pick up the new font?