Help please, I dont know what else to do >.>

Okay, so A couple months ago, my computer crashed, and I reinstalled windows, I have ALWAYS used paint.net and love it to the extreme, i tried to re download it and go to install it, and I get this error message.

error1.jpg

So i click okay, and it opens up a new window for me, to install the .net framework 3.5 service pack 1

downloadthis.jpg

From there i download it, and try to install it, I get yet another error message that says i need to download windows installer 3.1. By now, im like what the crud, :twisted: I search windows.com for the windows installer 3.1 and get this.

windows.jpg

So, I download, that and go to install it, and hour passes and its still doing nothing, I let it run and run, and than it just says " there was an error trying to install, this application was not installed" And thats all I get.

I dont understand why its not working, i have tried and tried to get it to work, and its not working.

For a faster reply, Email me at Edit by Rick: E-mail removed. The discussion will take place on the forum. Thanks.

I really want to start doing my graphics again, so anything and everything will help!

It looks like you haven't been installing any updates at all for Windows XP?

Step 1 is to go to Windows Update and install all the updates. Keep doing this until it finally tells you there's no more updates. This may take several reboots. Normally this wouldn't be necessary if you just enable Automatic Updates, which you really ought to do. Otherwise your computer is liable to have many issues with respect to performance, reliability, and security.

That's simply the easiest way to get to where you want to be.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Forgive me for adding in my 2 cents worth, but I think the question to ask in the first place is why the computer crashed? I had an issue with the Vundo Trojan, and it disabled my automatic updates. It also would not let new updates install correctly. If you continue to have problems installing the updates, I would find a good virus scan program and run a few scans. I am not sure I can post names to other programs here, so please delete this if I am doing wrong. I used Malwarebytes, which is free, and had to run it several times. Since then, no more problems with updates. I absolutely love Paint.Net, and don't know how I managed before I found it.