[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

Thank @Pixey @MJW. She updated it for you, as I don't have the 'powers' to do so.  :)

Pixies did it. Well, one Pixey I suspect. 😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ladybug said:

@Pixey Those owls are so cute I could hug them! I really like how you make such soft fur on your images. Been trying to follow tutorials but my fur never turns out right.

Thank you very much @Ladybug <3 I use the smudge tool to make fur.  It's basically done via this method, by @Ella I thought her tute was on this forum, but I can't find it.  However it's still on the old Fans forum:

https://pdnfans.proboards.com/thread/252/angel-wings-smudge

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

32 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Thank you very much @Ladybug <3 I use the smudge tool to make fur.  It's basically done via this method, by @Ella I thought her tute was on this forum, but I can't find it.  However it's still on the old Fans forum:

https://pdnfans.proboards.com/thread/252/angel-wings-smudge

Thanks @Pixey. Will have to try that.

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

• 3 weeks later...

@Pixey I like your rook looking crowns. Reminds me of my late Dad who loved playing chess. Back in the 80's he played via snail mail with someone in Costa Rica because he had been relocated to Los Angeles. His big test for potential boyfriends for my sister and I was if they could stand playing a long game of chess with him 😂. Thanks for the memories!

• Hugs 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

15 hours ago, Ladybug said:

@Pixey I like your rook looking crowns. Reminds me of my late Dad who loved playing chess. Back in the 80's he played via snail mail with someone in Costa Rica because he had been relocated to Los Angeles. His big test for potential boyfriends for my sister and I was if they could stand playing a long game of chess with him 😂. Thanks for the memories!

I'm so glad you liked my entry and that it brought back such happy memories for you.  That's a really cute story 🥰

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 12/6/2020 at 5:23 PM, Joshua Lamusga said:

(The text for this sotw is very difficult to read on dark mode, just for future reference. Almost the same color as the background. :))

I see what you mean.  When I open a new contest, I copy and paste the whole thing.  It is saved in Word so I can change theme description and date. It's also typed in black.

I certainly don't want to re-type the whole thing every time.  If I changed the font color to gray or white, then other users (default and Goodnite Nurse) wouldn't be able to see it.  

I don't know what the solution is unless @toe_head2001 knows a setting he can tweak in the dark theme to change the font color when viewing in dark mode.

Toey, let me know what you find out.  Thanks.

EDIT: And I did note that everything I just typed in black (I use Goodnite Nurse) turns white when switching to dark theme. There has to be a solution.

Edited by lynxster4

12 minutes ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

Bright red probably works on everything. Usually mid-grays show up in both light and dark modes unless the site isn't set to pass WCAG accessibility standards.

Can't say I agree with ya on Bright Red. I am very sensitive to it in fact that I dislike looking at it.

G'MIC Filter Developer

@lynxster4

Text will automatically inherit the color from the forum's theme... unless the text has been explicitly assigned a color value.

In this case, I see the text color has a value of #282828.  Please ensure this color assignment is not coming from your Word document. In Word, the text color should be set to Automatic.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

@toe_head2001  Please delete the topic under Competitions called  'SOTW - TEST ONLY'.

I finally got the bugs worked out and is showing correctly in dark theme.  My Word doc was all messed up even though it was set on Automatic for color.

Thank you!  ☺️

• Like 1

Congratulations to all who participated in the Royal Crowns contest! There were some really great entries for further inspiration. Well done @Vagabondi and @Pixey for your creativity and abilities to use your skills to create original artwork.

Edited by Ladybug
  • Upvote 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

Christmas is the new signature theme! Done! LOL, just kidding. I could not help myself with that one since my current sig is Christmas themed. Should be a fun contest 🎅.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

Not being totally sure of things that have power switches and do things with "0"s and "1"s all the while whirring and so on. I thought to use this forum to note I have changed/edited one of my Christmas SOTW entry's. Point of this note is for those who were so very kind,  giving me "likes". I hope the revision is also worthy of your previous  responses.   Thank You. bow.gif.f16ebeacbe99cd955dc9e199e343d74f.gif

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Totally worth the upvote.

I don't claim that you broke any rules with your updated post, @Scooter, so please excuse me for using this opportunity register my disagreement with the text that accompanies many entries, all the more often, lately. The right place to point things out regarding the competition entries and whatever else goes on in the entry topic, is the discussion topic for each competition. 

I just wish that members would use the entry topic to just post their entries and nothing else. I feel like anything beyond the image and usage credits is out of place there. Then again, it's up to the current competition hosts @lynxster4 and @Pixey decide what's acceptable and what not.

Xkds4Lh.png