Sozo

[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

6 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Why ?

Well, with the way it stands, I'm pressured to enter. :P 

36 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Why ?  I'm more than happy with how it is.  Same results ... great art by all the entrants.

29 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Well, with the way it stands, I'm pressured to enter. :P

Now you're both under pressure!   :lol:

Gah! >:O

I'm already starting to regret promoting you. :lol:

• Like 1

Is there any special reason the poll for 'Valentine’s Day' is open for two weeks, rather than the normal one week?

I'm not necessarily saying two weeks is bad; I'm just curious as to why.

44 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Is there any special reason the poll for 'Valentine’s Day' is open for two weeks, rather than the normal one week?

I'm not necessarily saying two weeks is bad; I'm just curious as to why.

If you go back to Page 76 in this Discussions Thread - June  16, 2017 - this is when it was decided, due to dwindling entries, to make it a fortnight.

1 hour ago, toe_head2001 said:

My question still stands...

I think the question ("Is there any special reason the poll for 'Valentine’s Day' is open for two weeks, rather than the normal one week?") assumes an incorrect premise that the normal SOTW entry period is one week. As Pixey mentioned, around the middle of last year it was changed to two weeks, in order to attract more entries. All the contests since then have lasted two weeks. Even before it was officially changed, the entry period period was often -- more often than not, I believe -- extended when there were too few entries.

EDIT: Obviously I need a course in reading comprehension. I skipped right over the word "poll."

Oops, my bad.  I incorrectly assumed the poll was also open for two weeks...(I never checked :roll:...never assume...)

All fixed now.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  Thanks, @toe_head2001 for pointing that out!    :)

Oh, I see what the confusion was! I should have read the original comment more carefully (the story of my life). Two weeks would certainly be too long to keep the poll open.

My fault :doh: sorry.  What a difference one word makes :lol:.  It's official ..... I had a blonde/senior moment when reading Toey's post.

I have removed my entry for this weeks competition for personal reasons.

Thank you to those of you that voted for it. Hopefully you'll understand.

• Like 1

I noticed about half the entries in the current poll were broken postimg.org images, so I've fixed them.  Hopefully no one lost potential votes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

I noticed about half the entries in the current poll were broken postimg.org images, so I've fixed them

Thank you toey.  I was on the SOTW poll a couple of times yesterday and could see all images just fine; so I didn't know there was a problem.  

These hosting websites are getting weird...

<3 Dear @lynxster4!  What's the theme? (SOTW=185) Please can someone explain to me? Thank you very much in advance. :cake: :coffee: 

Hi @Seerose     Go back to my comp posting.  There are three (3) links that will help you.

The theme is taking an image and making it look like a tiny miniature toy set if done properly.

Good luck!!  🙂

• Like 1