[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

Aetheist?? I thought you were a pissed-up testicostical like me! ?

• Like 2

You two crack me up.  I find it hard to believe that you're an Atheist, welshy.

I'd believe it more if you could spell it correctly.  :lol:  :P

• Like 1

I look forward to die'n. No more pain anymore. I just hope I go quick like crashing my bike into a wall at 100+ mph. I've had a great life and have no regrets. I was born and raised in a very strict religious family. I don't go to church much anymore though.

I think Religion and Politics discussions are always a bad idea, therefore I think a comp like this is also a bad idea.   

• Like 1

69unju0.gif

• 3 months later...

The dithering is only in the GIF version. The full resolution loop video clip is much smoother. 

Here it is if anyone is interested in a loop video of moon and clouds. Moon_Clouds.mp4 (3.2 MB). Get it while it's hot as it will be deleted in 30 days.

69unju0.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

WOW guys...only have 3 member's votes for this contest!  Poll closes tomorrow at 2pm.  

Please vote!  😞

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I very much liked the "Favorite Summertime Activity" theme, and wish I could have entered. Unfortunately, I was too busy with other things. Too many summertime activities, I suppose.

• Like 1

Been doing some thinking on this comp.  🤨

In order to encourage more participation, I'm going to do a few 'Member's Choice' rounds per year.

You can submit whatever you want as long it falls within comp rules.  Maybe more people will enter.  Let's give it a try!  :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really enjoying all of the graffiti entries...I've tried a few times, but it's currently not in my wheelhouse. Maybe it's because, having grown up in a big city, I saw too much of it to want to make more than a half-hearted attempt at it. But everyone else is doing a great job!

31 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Maybe try a different approach ?

I'm currently building a vector style one.  No brick wall just  text and a plain background ... after all original  doesn't have to conform to traditional ? 

I never thought of that @welshblue. I've just been seeing brick walls...sometimes the obvious solution can't bee seen for being right in front of you. 🤔

Please @Maggie post an entry!  Even if you feel it isn't 'good enough', a lot of learning can be had entering these comps.

I look back on my early stuff and laugh.  You'll get there!  We're always encouraging on here.

Consider it....I'll be looking out for your entry...:P

3 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Consider it....I'll be looking out for your entry...:P

OMG...now I *have* to post something. Okay, okay-I do have an idea and I'll get right on it. It will look like a little kid did it with broken crayons, but when it's done I'll post it.

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

OMG...now I *have* to post something

Oh, there's no pressure here...😂  You don't have to do anything you don't want to.

I was just hoping you would.  Be nice to get some new artists in on the comps, both of them!  Right @Pixey?  😀

• Like 1

Okay, I've posted something in the thread. I'm not very happy with the texture of the wall-I was going for stucco, but just adding noise wasn't the correct approach I know. I think my bit of brick showing turned out okay, but the text doesn't look sprayed on. Just looks like I added text to an image.

• Like 1

@Maggie  I see absolutely nothing wrong with your entry. Great job!  :star:

On your text layer, set the Blending Mode to something other than Normal and see how that looks. (just a tip).

1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

@Maggie  I see absolutely nothing wrong with your entry. Great job!  :star:

On your text layer, set the Blending Mode to something other than Normal and see how that looks. (just a tip).

Thank you @lynxster4! You're too kind. Thanks for the tip...I'm going to try that and maybe edit my entry.

Thanks, @welshblue...I modified my entry before I saw your post. Your tips are much appreciated-I never would have thought to use clouds! I'm happier with my modified entry, but I still fudged the stucco...yours is so much better than mine. Live and learn. I will do some experimenting tomorrow night and maybe modify it again.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Do we have to draw a santa ?  As in all PDN

Well, that's how I would do it.  We are allowed to use clipart, but I think being original would be a nice thing...