[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

That's good. I hoped to submit an entry, but didn't know if I'd have time to create one. I'm surprised there haven't been more entries. It seems like a fun topic.

Have a great time in Berlin, Drew!

Just a quick heads up. The entry period will be closing tomorrow (4th November) not the biggest turnout this time, but I do feel three weeks is enough to submit an entry. 

BREtKQW.png

Quite a few images in this weeks sotw are not showing, so at the time of typing I am unable to host them for the poll. Will try again on Saturday 5th Nov. 

BREtKQW.png

PhotoBucket being down brings up a question (which is probably best asked in another Topic, but it applies to this one at the moment). Because I was unable to upload my entry to PB, and I didn't want to miss the deadline, I used the upload-file Forum-comment feature, and then linked the image into my comment. That seems to have worked just find, but I was unsure if that was a proper thing to do. If it isn't (and probably if it is) I'll link to a PB version once it's back up.

I hope Photobucket is back up by tomorrow, I don't keep a pdn file or the image I entered, all my stuff is uploaded to PB sadly.

ZXCBOoZ.png

Well, now that sux. I have Image Shack because PB didn't play ball for a while. I also used Deviant Art for a while to get thumbnails to larger images but it was tedious & made my gallery so slow to load. However, either of these could be an option for some, at least for this round. How very disappointing to have put in all that effort & have PB fail. Then they want us to trust them with all our precious images. Don't think so!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

4 minutes ago, doughty said:

Nitenurse, I think I have every canvas I put a mark on. LOL,  :smile:

I really should learn from my mistakes, I lost a load of work that I trusted to online hosting. This time I will remember to back up everything offline :) 

• Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

Well, Photobucket is back up.  I was monitoring their Twitter feed last night and the explanation was this: 

"During a scheduled maintenance, we ran into an unforseen problem."  I thought maybe it was related to the attack they had last week when the servers at DYN were hacked.

I hope they permanently fixed the problem.  We don't need another outage like that.  I like Photobucket and will continue to use it.

I hate to ask Drew for eggs in my beer (which is both demanding and disgusting), but could spacing could be added between the SOTW entries? They all kind of run together.

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Do you mean in the Poll?  I don't think @Drew has power over this.  It's the new format on this forum, if I'm correct ?

Perhaps someone else can add the spacing if Drew can't. If it can't be fixed, I can live with it, but I find it quite confusing, particularly when consecutive entries use very similar colors.

The forum CSS used a 10px bottom margin to separate entries in Polls. I've upped this to 30px. How does that look?

Update: I voted and afterwards the spacing disappeared :/ Another edit of the CSS sees a 10px bottom margin being applied to the list following your vote.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Paint User! <3

"Pets." How am I to understand that? 

Edited by Seerose
Pictures can not be seen.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

9 minutes ago, Seerose said:

Dear Paint User! <3

"Pets." How am I to understand that? For example: smilie_girl_235.gif

For example if you have dogs or cats at home, you can do a collage with photos of your pets, or maybe you can try to do a portrait or drawing. It's all about pets, meaning animals you have at home or animals you would like to have at home.

• Upvote 1

O.. my Good Friend! <3

Yes, I have a cat. Thank you so much. Very dear greeting and hug. (Reputations tomorrow) 

Edited by Seerose
Pictures can not be seen.
  • Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

On 17/10/2016 at 7:46 PM, DrewDale said:

At the time of typing, no reply from @Si Borg with regards to a topic for the next SOTW. I will wait until this Wednesday (19 / Oct) and if no response I will open up the selection for the next topic with either of the runners up / placers. B) 

Apologies to Drew and everyone else for not responding/ seeing his message and if I held up the competition.

Complications after surgery left me hospitalised until this week.

Interesting choice of theme.  Sadly I don't have any pets and I'm sure my wife will take offence if I plaster her over the internet

• Upvote 1
new_sig.png

Due to a slow and low turnout  sig of the week (pets) will have its entry deadline extended to Friday 2nd of December (7PM UK Time - time conversion in the entry thread) All been well this will give more time for anyone working on an entry who also have real life to deal with too B)

• Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png