[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

Thanks to nitenurse, barbie, nanette, doughty, Dug and to everyone who liked the effect.

@ doughty, you're welcome, and I am glad you enjoyed the videos.

@ dug, that is awesome, I am glad you see it helpful.

The PDF file was a quick preparation, and it still missing some steps and screenshots, but looks like the idea/method clear enough. :)

Not sure if it is worth it to post it as a direct written tutorial in the tutorials section? I just need your feedback.

Using same method made this

th_wall-11_zps8a9adeb1.jpg

Edited by yellowman

• 2 weeks later...

I am seeing some really good entried for SOTW#66 1960's psychedelic art comp so far :)

Just to see so many creative people on here is really heart warming and makes hosting a competition so much more fun and even more worthwhile :)

Keep it up all of you, your a credit to the forum and to what PDN can help you create :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Yes, many great entries, I think it would be hard to defeat dug's and barbie's.

@NN I see you made some sort of neon bird, which is nice, though I was planning on doing something similar as that but I had that tuggiing feeling that I might be copying you. Good thing I saw your creation first before I made that mistake. XD

sig123.png

Magic

If I was any more laid back I'd slip into a coma... ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some really cool Underwater sigs, wasn't easy to pick only 3.

I may look at how many to vote for on a topic by topic basis in the future. This time, with nine entries I should of made it a "you may pick four" ;)

Sometimes though an SOTW comp will only just scrape up 6 entries, so in that instance, it would have to remain a pick three only.

As I say, I will review the vote option on each comp. And yes you are right, some really cool underwater sigs :)

I love seeing how creative people are on here. :)

• Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

it's the entries and the votes @ the end of it all that count. (?)

The vote turn out is more than the entries sadly, not just this comp but others too.

I know that no one can be forced into entering a comp, but when the positive feedback comes in and then people don't enter, it is a slight contradiction to what they have typed.

I notice too that there is only mine and your comps active (not counting sig battles) pretty bad considering all the brilliant talent on here. :blank:

(not a rant, just my point of view) ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Nitenurse, sorry the turnout is low. I have one nearly finished and I'll have it turned in probably at the last minute. :smile:

Welshblue, I have one started and hope to have it in sometime the coming week. :smile:

Nitenurse, you have two more entries today. :smile:

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

nitenurse79, you do a good job as host on here and at the end of the day, people pull through :)

To quote Welshblue here "It's all a bit of fun and some themes will have ooodles of entries and some will scratch around for them"

During my time lurking around on here I have seen some sig of the week comps that I would have not been able to enter, not through lack of ability, but purely because I would not have the initial spark to start me off.

I'm sure that some host's have not entered their own comps in the past, but you always do. I tip my hat to you (that's if I was wearing one) :lol:

BREtKQW.png