[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

SOTW #62 - Topic "Animation"

Are flash animations allowed; given that the graphic itself will be made in PDN while the animation itself will be driven by flash... and if so, how do I upload a flash animation --> the link code?

Cheers,

V

Flash animations are allowed, but I'm not 100& sure if or how they can be uploaded onto the forum :/

ZXCBOoZ.png

Something inside the darkness of my mind tells me that Rick disabled the option of uploading Flash files on the old forum. Not sure about this one

... I could be totally wrong. If so I have some strange dreams ... which in itself is pretty worrying

I think that you might be right. I've attempted to embed a flash sig with zero success, while I've had no problems on other boards using the same code.

:-(

naturesig.png

A little help out here for SOTW#62 Animation.

I used unfreez but I have also just tried Beneton movie gif there is little difference, but some new members may find that more easy to work with. :) the download link can be found at the bottom of the first post here http://forums.getpai...-with-paintnet/ Below is a screenshot with some arrows & text that I added to help navigate the prog.

ONLY download the standalone installer. ;)

gifeditor.jpg

Reason for edit - Added only download the standalone installer -

Edited by nitenurse79
  • Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

Bad timing ;-) SOTW #62 - Topic "Animation"

I'm just finishing the APNG support in PDNAnimator. AGIF will take one or two weeks more...

My bad, haven't checked the other thread and your discussions.

That would be so great midora, because APNG/AGIF plugin is not working with me at all, looking forward to see your version.

Thanks so much for the great work and efforts.

@ nitenurse, thanks, well explained, are you using XP ?, because it never worked on my PC W7, but it was very good on XP, I used to use it before.

Edited by yellowman

@ nitenurse, thanks, well explained, are you using XP ?, because it never worked on my PC W7, but it was very good on XP, I used to use it before.

XP ? omg, that's so way back then :lol: It runs ok on my win7pro. I do only have the standalone version though, not sure if that has any influence over it's performance (I did read that the full install has other bundled junk, so I kept clear of that)

Glad you like the explanation, I'm hoping that it may inspire a few more entries because you can load not only .png, but other (jpg ugh) formats too, I think it's simular to win movie maker but for short animates :)

reason for edit - bad spelling :/

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

My bad, haven't checked the other thread and your discussions.

You should never wait if there is just an announcements of sw ;-)

I just uploaded a new version of PDNAnimator (here) which allows import of agif and apng and export as apng.

I tried it with your battle sig and it works fine as apng (and it is 30% smaller ;-)

But at the end you still need agif because of the browser support...

midoras signature.gif

I will post this here so that I don't keep bumping up my own comp, but SOTW#62 seems to have stalled and it will most likely have a deadline extension due to lack of entries / interest :/ Members want comps to keep going, but there are less and less entering them. I will look at the entries again on the original deadline day and decide then if it's worth extending. (or even closing) :(

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

A link to YM's animation tut' could give people fresh inspiration if they're stuck for idea. I would post a link here but I've got BrainBlock and can't think what it's called :unimpressed:

There is links to tutes at the top of SOTW#62 post, there is also a screenshot on this page for another animator ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

@ WelshBlue, I have only one writen tutorial for animations, I think you're referring to this, I really forgot about it, looks like we now know more plugins and capabililties with PDN, like the Circle Text plugin..... but I agree the tut may give some inspiration, thanks mate.

BTW, midora's PDNAnimator, is amazing, very fast and smooth, and you can use the plugin to review your work , just save the PDN file then drag and drop it to the plugin, and when you are satisfied with your work export the PNG file, or use any animator app. to generate the animation as gif.

Edit: misspelling, I don't why Auto spelling is not supported in this forum.

Edited by yellowman

@yellowman: I tried to rebuild your animated sig (because I love the idea). I used the magnifier with some distortion. Everything worked as expected but the quality is not as good as yours. Any tip how to get the result sharper?

midoras signature.gif

@yellowman: I tried to rebuild your animated sig (because I love the idea). I used the magnifier with some distortion. Everything worked as expected but the quality is not as good as yours. Any tip how to get the result sharper?

Thanks, I am glad you liked the idea, it is quite easy, I used level 2 of Quality with the Magnifier plugin ( and that was the only plugin/effect I used),

But I worked on a large canvas, unfortunatly I haven't Saved the original file size, but as I remeber the width was 2400 pix, then I scaled the canvas down to around 11%, this how I got the sharp text through the magnifier lens.

I hope I have answered your question, if you need more details please feel free.

the width was 2400 pix, then I scaled the canvas down to around 11%, this how I got the sharp text through the magnifier lens.

I hope I have answered your question, if you need more details please feel free.

i

Thanks that did the trick. I had no idea that I should start with such a large original. I tested it with two times of the destination size which didn't really improve the quality. Then I gave up and asked.The result with 10 times is perfect.

Just to say, after doing 50 frames for the animation from left to right, i decided to add a layer name tag which will be interpreted by PDNAnimator to repeat all the frames in the other direction. Then I used the !ST tags to control the frame duration for the bouncing at the left and right border.

midoras signature.gif

i decided to add a layer name tag which will be interpreted by PDNAnimator to repeat all the frames in the other direction. .

That's another great feature to add to the app.

I just have a question and not sure if it could be implemented, is it possible to keep !B as a background for all following layers (not frames)? That means a background for all other layers of a multiple layers PDN file

Edited by yellowman

... SOTW#62 seems to have stalled and it will most likely have a deadline extension due to lack of entries / interest :/ Members want comps to keep going, but there are less and less entering them. I will look at the entries again on the original deadline day and decide then if it's worth extending. (or even closing) :(

I haven't had a chance to delve into that one, work has been so busy lately that I've been pretty much burned out in the evenings after work. I've also been having issues with my internet service in recent weeks which now seems to be fixed and only noticed yesterday that today is supposed to be the deadline for the animation comp, so I don't know if I'd have time to do anything today. I'vealso got to make a trip today to visit a friend from work who is in the hospital as well, so I know I'm not going to have much time today to delve into it. Plus yesterday was a full day putting together the puzzle tutorial.

Though I don't have an immediate idea of the animation yet, I am interested in trying to put something together for it (coming up with an idea and time for it will be a challenge in and of itself).

Though I don't have an immediate idea of the animation yet, I am interested in trying to put something together for it (coming up with an idea and time for it will be a challenge in and of itself).

Why not enter your current sig? :) If I can avoid it, I don't really want to extend the deadline because then it's no longer a "sig of the week" comp ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Because the rules state, "7. Use new, fresh sigs. The idea is to get you to create new things, and if you are just pulling out an old one, you are not doing that."

But that's okay, don't worry about it. I'll just forgo this one, it's not a big deal. If I don't have any idea right now about what I'm going to put together, it seems a waste to extend it for possibly nothing. So, I'm okay with passing this one up.

EDIT:

Besides, even if I do come up w/something, I'm not restricted from presenting it nonetheless in the pictorium. So it's not a total loss.

Edited by jim100361

I just have a question and not sure if it could be implemented, is it possible to keep !B as a background for all following layers (not frames)? That means a background for all other layers of a multiple layers PDN file

This was the intention, the execution failed ;-) Changed behaviour in v0.3.

The tool should really work for the starter, who just packs some images together and likes to see them animated. But also for someone who has to save some time avoiding to do the same step again and again (like adding a background to each layer or changing it later).

0.3 has a 'look through' background feature and more export possibilities (like Sprite Sheets or LayerSaver).

midoras signature.gif

To my mind it's 2 individual images therefore should be classed separately in voting and in counted votes ... a bit like a band having 2 albums in the charts, they don't count the combined sales to make a No.1

Point taken. Just asking, afterall it's the members comp not mine. I only host it. ;)

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

BTW Midora ... very nice trippy, dreamy sig

Thanks, but the real artist is the nature. I'm just a developer ;-)

Small demo between the lines. One image broken into three layers. Background, balloon, Foreground. Feathered. Animation of ballon layer using a move command in the layer name via PDNAnimator.

midora%20signature 2.gif

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif