[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

To be honest, I think one vote wasn't quite enough for this competition. In fact, I pretty much had to choose one of my 4 favorites by flipping a coin.

PS Did anyone notice the optical illusion in my entry? I only noticed it just now, myself xD

PPS Congratz on the 2k forum posts, goonie!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

2k posts! I never even noticed. :D

I think you are right about the voting. I had a couple I would have liked to have voted for. Never mind, it might be an option brought in for future comps. Never noticed the optical illusion you mentioned though, I`ll have to go back and have another look.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

To be honest, I think one vote wasn't quite enough for this competition. In fact, I pretty much had to choose one of my 4 favorites by flipping a coin.

PS Did anyone notice the optical illusion in my entry? I only noticed it just now, myself xD

PPS Congratz on the 2k forum posts, goonie!

I agree, one vote wasn't enough. Maybe in the future there could be an opportunity for each voter to cast thier vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Didn't notice the optical illusion until you mentioned its existence. So, is it the top of the letter T in the word paint tilting forward? :D

Edited by Jaxon

Well, I was looking at the top half of the "b" in "noob." It's kinda one of those impossible objects xD

Didn't notice the p and the t, though...and none of the illusions are intentional :roll:

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for all the congratz, and congratz to delpart and histi too! :smile:

I really liked histi's entry tho...he still hasn't told me how he did the shinys, and I can't for the life of me figure it out :/

Edited by pdnnoob

Well I can finally add a reply ... Guess I needed to do that housecleaning on my cache after all.

Really wonderful stuff. Grats to all for taking the time to add to the inspiration and theme. Lots of standout work (puns intended).

Gallery at PDN-Fans

I agree. Howler has done a great job of running a good quick comp. We all love a fast game. Nearly got my next entry done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 4 weeks later...

The other thread was closed and I couldn't reply. I wanted to say congratulations to welshblue, yellowman, and barbieq25! Your entires were inspiring and all had wonderful workmanship while also being beautiful to look at. I really enjoyed looking at all of the entries as if they were in an art gallery and they made me think, admire, and smile.

This new comp has an interesting twist. :) This is a very busy week for me. Hopefully I can enter something. I want to thank you for these fun competitions.

Skystars5banner2.jpg

• 4 months later...

Wassup everyone, just wanted to say you're doing a great job NN, keep it up! :D

Thanks TheHowler, really nice to get encouragement :D

ZXCBOoZ.png

Weird.

They're not showing as locked on my screen :unimpressed:

You have special permissions as a Competition Host Welshy ;) I'm (reasonably) sure that editing locked threads in your region is one of them.

Bad timing ;-) SOTW #62 - Topic "Animation"

I'm just finishing the APNG support in PDNAnimator. AGIF will take one or two weeks more...

midoras signature.gif

Bad timing ;-) SOTW #62 - Topic "Animation"

I'm just finishing the APNG support in PDNAnimator. AGIF will take one or two weeks more...

Download unfreez (the link is in the SOTW#62 topic header) ;) depending on how many entries they will be, it might end up getting a deadline extention.

Edit: Not meaning to boast, but my entry only took two hours from idea to completion. Only 22 layers were harmed during the making of that sig. :D

Double edit, just realised what you meant midora, only taken a few days for my brain to realise :lol:

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

SOTW #62 - Topic "Animation"

Are flash animations allowed; given that the graphic itself will be made in PDN while the animation itself will be driven by flash... and if so, how do I upload a flash animation --> the link code?

Cheers,

V

Edited by ventor1
naturesig.png