[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whenever I finish a piece for a comp., I run it by the wife for a second opinion; she is very 'arty' and knows a good thing when she see's it!

And as is usually the case: "Very nice Rob, but I prefer Barbies" ;) lol

With that, I love what you have put forward Barbie - the colors are wonderful! Pre-thought or accidental (the latter is the case for me 50% of the time)?

naturesig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the double post. One more question. This part of the rules:

It can incorporate a render, or they can choose not to use one thats totally okay as long as the majority of the sig consists of space material.

Does this mean I have to use mainly stock photos? Or can I create things of my own, instead?

Actually, it means the quite the opposite.

You are allowed to use stock photos and renders, but the majority of the work should be created by you using paint.net.

If you wish to create something without using a premade image, that is welcomed too.

Oookay, that makes more sense. Thanks. ^_

One last question: By "renders", does that mean the plugins that fall in the Renders Folder, in Effects? Or something else.

Sorry, still trying to learn the proper phrasings and such. ^_^

Renders are ready made images that have already been cut out for you to use.There are websites where you can download them , this is one -

http://planetrenders.net/

I know it can be confusing but you`ll get there. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

And one more question (sorry!):

It says max dimensions are 500 x 200. Since the forum limits are 500 x 150, can we stick with that instead? Or do we have to go up to 200?

Thanks. ^_^

If you want to maximize the area you can work with then you can make it the larger size (500 x 200) but if you think you might want to use it as a forum sig on this forum then you will want to make it the smaller size (500 x 150). I like to change my sig from time to time and making them all 500 x 150 insures that I'll always have a ready supply of new sigs. Ironically, I've not changed my sig in weeks, but I think you know what I mean. :D One thing that a lot of artists on this forum like to do is to make your original image twice the size of the finished version and scale it down by 50% when they save it as a .png. It gives you a bigger canvas to work with and you get a much smoother end result. B)

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...