[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

3 hours ago, welshblue said:

I was trying to work out if 11,000 miles was enough of a head start ...

Tim, you are too precious!  I can always count on you to give me a good laugh...😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, welshblue said:

Laughter is the best medicine 😉

I take so many pills every day but the one I rely on to get through,  is my humour ... even if it is questionable,  bordering on objectionable at times.

Got to laugh at all the bad things in life/ the world ... best way to cope with them ?

Well as  a "first-time-back- in-a-dogs-age-er" I would love to say how nice it is to see that Welshblue is still at his old tricks of hilariousness. With the new line of "portraits" (i.e. the post above with …"(I'd swear @Ego Eram Reputo is moonlighting 😜) " able to still cause scandal and merriment to all.  Nicely done good sir. 

• Like 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

<3 @lynxster4 and <3 @welshblue!

I don't think this subject is so good. Best you choose a new theme. 

Everyone's waiting for Santa Claus. :P
But the deadline is 21.12. :) 
Therefore perhaps no one wants to take part.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Seerose...you're giving up too easily, dear. <3

Calm down and take a breath. Everything will fall into place.  🤗

9 hours ago, welshblue said:

Hey @Scooter ... good to see you back mate.

I've always thought it was a certain type of person who 'got me' ... usually those who live in rooms with rubber walls and wear clothes that buckle up at the back 😜

My family's reaction is usually ... Wife " You're twisted"  Son " You're weird"  Daughter " You really are a wrong 'un"

Back on topic - I am really struggling to make a decent Father Christmas

It is all ways the " All Wise Prophet that is unable to make family shoes that fit"....'er som'thing like that.  But Take HEART- we of the inter net-ian webber pages, WE understand and find that your sense  of humors are like a very Fine Wine----well, at least a basic grape juice- But I regress- Never worry about the acceptance by family and friends---We your loyal and stalwart Strange-ers will always accept you as your are----though wearing just a night cap and night shirt may be just a bit much for that daily stroll 'bout the village. For now I must, AWAY! to fined the most elusive Wood Chuck-------Tootles ! 

[note: Oh Look! My new best friends have come in to retighten the straps on me  "special" shirt--so nice they care]

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

2 hours ago, Seerose said:

<3 @welshblue, <3 @Maggie, <3 @lynxster4!

I won't give up, I mean if you don't like it, choose another theme.

I am patient and impatient at the same time. :) 

Seerose with your talent you're going to create a spectacular creation. As we all have learned not every Santa Claus has to be the old American Coca Cola version, seen around the world. There is a multitude of possibilities you can "draw" from.  Now go get 'em, You can do it.  :D

• Like 1

Scooter

8 minutes ago, welshblue said:

@Pixey ... extremely clever thinking outside of the box.

Exactly! You're good @Pixey.  Love the lettering! <3

27 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Personally all I'd change from your entry is to dial the coverage/ intensity down (less is more) and have 0 colour saturation

@Maggie, I totally agree with Welshy.  Sometimes less is more.  :)

Thanks for the replies, @welshblue and @lynxster4. I was aiming for glitter, and I should have followed my instincts and removed it when it didn't turn out. And I'll dial down the saturation and see what I get. About to go out Christmas shopping, but I'll play around with it when I get back.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not entering my own topic, wahhhh! Right now I'm downstairs on my aunt's computer. Our WiFi was out for a couple of days, but now that it's back my monitor has died and I can't afford a new one right now so I just wanted to wish everyone luck and I hope the topic isn't too hard!

On 1/4/2020 at 12:32 AM, welshblue said:

I hope you're back online soon @Maggie  I thought mine had died a couple of weeks ago but it's a temperamental power connector.  Slightest nudge and it goes off.

I've heard of people getting some good deals on things like Facebook for sale or swap pages in their area.

Still no monitor, and I've been denied permission to install PDN on this other computer. Going to probably hit my sister up for a loan this weekend, hopefully.

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Still no monitor

While most people don't have spare monitors lying around, tons of people have extra/old TVs in their homes.  Ask your neighbors and friends if they have a spare TV you can borrow for a few days until you buy a new monitor.  (assuming both your computer and their TV use HDMI)

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, @Seerose...what @Maximilian said ^^^  :)

As long as it falls within the comp guidelines.  Good luck!

Hey Max...I'm gonna swipe your artist smiley if that's okay.  😁    (I might use it in the comp...)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Hey Max...I'm gonna swipe your artist smiley if that's okay.  😁    (I might use it in the comp...)

No problem at all smiley

• Like 2