[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

I decided to delete my original comment. Please pretend it doesn't exist. Or if anyone with the power to delete posts wishes to delete it, please do so.

Edited by MJW

Racerx, is there a reason we can't vote on your entry? I think it's cool. People who like it will vote, people who don't like it, or people who like other entries more, won't give it a vote.

I'm assuming that, as @Racerx says, "It's 90% done in PDN" ................ that it would contravene Rule #6:

6. Your entry must be made using Paint.net.  Please don't use an outside image editor and try passing it off as PDN work.

I suspect his animation is not done in PDN - but would like more clarification (please @Racerx) before the voting begins ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Oh, I didn't think of an animation software as being an image editor. The images were mostly PDN, only the animation I thought was used by the one animation program, a program that I think has been mentioned around here before. But anyways, the pictures of the entry are PDN, that would be the "art" aspect right? The animation is like a video effect.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

I believe @Racerx did not use the animator that goes with PDN, that's why he says not to vote for it.

I think he uses one called Avisynth - but perhaps he can clear this up before voting time.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yes, I made everything 100% in PDN, but used a different program to do the animation of the parts. It could all be done in PDN, but I don't want to spend the time it would take. The animation s/w I used is called Aviutl and it is also free, though not suited for the beginner. It makes it a lot easier to animate all the parts.

This is just a support entry and I don't want it admitted in the voting poll.

Thanks.

Plane_Sig2.gif

Hehe, that's the old Laplacian Pyramid Filter - not good for brakes. Used this previously but added to it. My friend who owned this bike loaned it to another of his friends who crashed it. We are all sad about it. Rider is fine, bike is totalled :( Owner was riding another bike (trail bike) compound fracture to his arm & I have lost count of the number of operations he has now had. So the sig is really a tribute to him. Time will heal him eventually :D

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I was impressed by the shiny metal things on this week's submissions and its not easy for me to vote.

Gears and clocks were the norm in the theme but no one with robotic steam punk machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Please will you find someone to take over as Comp Host ............. I've had enough of being on the forum.

After the entry period had arrived Pixey, I will be happy to open the poll and take over the running of the comp once more. I would be sad to see you leave the forum though :(

BREtKQW.png

After the entry period had arrived Pixey, I will be happy to open the poll and take over the running of the comp once more. I would be sad to see you leave the forum though :(

Thanks @Drew - you are a :star:  Yes I've left ..... sorry, but enough is enough.

30b8T8B.gif

Thanks @Drew - you are a :star:  Yes I've left ..... sorry, but enough is enough.

Very sad to see you go :(

I will keep the deadline to the same day to give folk a chance to partake.

Go steady Pixey, you will be missed :(

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Once again, I will now be the host of this and future SOTW comps, the deadline date remains the same this time (6th December) the deadline time will be 7pm UK time (click the link in the comp thread for conversion) Many thanks to Pixey for looking after this for so long, her input will be a loss to us all.

BREtKQW.png

Thanks for stepping into the breach Drew. B)

& Pixey - I understand you wanting a break from hosting the comps but please don't leave the forums altogether! :(
Thanks for all the hosting and help to new users. I really hope we will see more images, animations and shapes from you in the future?

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Aside from being my friend & inspiration, your input into the forum with your knowledge has been invaluable. Your images & ideas are fabulous & a testament to the perseverance & tutelage from AFG. I hope, like many of us here that it will only be a break. 

Thank you DrewDale for stepping up. Like Pixey, you will be a wonderful host again.

• Upvote 2
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Pixey, hate to see you go. :bracket:

Drewdale, welcome back to hosting.

Dear Pixey! You've determined your reasons to stop by at the forum. I am sad. fmhh5nf6.gif Drewdale, Welcome.

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Pixey I hope your leave is just temporary, this forum will have a huge loss without you and your talent. What ever you choose, I wish you all the best.

Plane_Sig2.gif

I will try to open the poll tomorrow (7th December) for some reason, I am unable to set it up. Will contact a mod to get it looked into.

BREtKQW.png

No harm carrying it out another week or so, I like the diversity of the entrants. The more, the merrier.

Bummer that Pixey ain't here though...............

Edited by racerx

Plane_Sig2.gif