[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

Okay, just to get the rules for SOTW #109 straight:

- You may only use tutorials from getpaint.net

- You may combine multiple tutorials

- You may give your own twist to the tutorial(s) used

- You must link the tutorial(s) that you used in your entry post

- I think it would be more fun if you don't use a tutorial you have created by yourself (but if you really want to, you may)

ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

What an awesome competition idea! This one sounds really fun. :D

Unfortunately I don't think I will be home this week :(, I'll still try to find a time to slip in, but regardless of my schedule, best of luck to everyone else. I can't wait to see the results. :)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1

What an awesome competition idea! This one sounds really fun. :D

I totally agree with that! I really like this theme and personally I'd never have thought about something like this, good job Drew :D

• Upvote 1

I totally agree with that! I really like this theme and personally I'd never have thought about something like this, good job Drew :D

What can I say. My mind is full of bizarre ideas smiley-think004.gif

Looking at a couple of good entries so far too. Amazed at how more than one tutorial blended together can bring up great results B)

BREtKQW.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's not meant to be. This idea came from how I love shiny things made with paint.net. This competition is meant to have high versatility and anything shiny. And as a note it's not restricted to glass where as the other comp was more of a "Glass" theme since most, if not all, the siggs were representing some form of glass. For this Shiny theme, people can do things like metal, stars and sparkles, or even ipods, a cool shiny abstract, or a siggy that looks like a picture in a shiny picture frame. Picture manipulations are welcome too, so water reflections could be an idea to use here as well. :)

I would recommend people visit the pictorim for some inspiration. ;)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

I also thought about the glass and glossy one, but I thought it was a different theme enough, for the reasons Cc has named. Also I thought I'd just go with the winner's choice, there have been quite similar themes before and I do not think it does matter that much, because the entries always differ very much. 

• 2 weeks later...

I won't post this in both active comp threads (SOTW & Logo / Banner Comp) but when is the results and a new topic going to be selected ?

ZXCBOoZ.png

It seeme @Chimay has gone AWOL :( .  I PM'd him (3 days ago) and have had no response.  As the Shiny SOTW is now way overdue, is it possible for a Mod to please publish the winners, etc?

If a temporary person is needed to do the SOTW I would be happy to oblige for now, so that the comp can continue until he reappears.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Seeing that I still have hosting privilege, I will announce the winners and if need be, run the next comp until Chimay returns. 

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Thanks EER & Barbieq. I have sent him a PM with this weeks topic, If he is still offline before then, I will look after it until he returns :)

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

I'm so sorry for my stupidity and all the fuss... I've been away for a week to the Czech republic and in my bussiness with preparing for the journey I completely forgot to ask someone to pick up the work for me during my absence. As I didn't have internet over there, I couldn't host the comp... 

So I've not been dead or something :S I feel really stupid right now...

Thank you very much Drew! You're the best!

Edited by chimay12321
  • Upvote 1

Nice to see you back Chimay.  I hope you enjoyed the Czech republic, some very good sights to be had over there B)

BREtKQW.png

I have just noticed that Lloyd has made his One Hundred an Eleventh post in SOTW #111.

Look :D

111_zps3b47d312.jpg

Yes I know I should get out of the house more, but it's a neat coincidence :)

• Upvote 5

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 2 weeks later...