Suggestion:History menu,selection brushand line selection

History menu :?: : I suggest a menu called History be put in between effects and window.

:arrow: Function:As you may already know history takes you back.this however lets you repeat up to :!: (5-10) of the last effects and/or adjustments used. being unlimited would probably slow down paint dot net and this would be most annoying for people who dont intend on repeating anything this is why I suggest 5 to 10.This is most useful for people like me with long "effects" menus and may need to repeat stuff.

2.Selection brush :?: : this is a selection tool that works like the brush.it adds the parts you brush using the tool to ur selection. this is handy and for some of us preferable to thee lasso.like all selection tools subtract should also be available.another idea would be allowing custom brushes to be used as well.

3.line selection tool :?: pretty much the same as above but works like the line tool with nobs and stuff.

Thank you for reading my suggestion. :D

Dear moderator i believe this is the section for suggestions if i am mistaken please help me move it.

Tom and Rick Great Job! :D

* Almost forgot.feel free to comment or suggest what u feel is better.

32395_89f33fa5f9f1e08d759cb46263b902f3

Regarding your first suggestion, there is already an alternative solution called ScriptLab.

It let's you automate a series of effects, which, if I understood correctly, is what you are trying to achieve.

As to your other requests, I believe, according to here, that additional selection tools will be coming to Paint.NET in the future.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

thank you for the reply .I meant a menu where we can see up to the last 10 adjustments and/or effects. :!:

this is useful for those who cant use script lab,or for those who are lazy.if this cant be implemented can someone try and make something similar to srciptlab but not requiring any skills in scripts such as a task scheduler or task maker.this still isnt what i was talking about but nevertheless isstill useful.

what i :!: WAS talking about was something that lets us redo history without undoing your work. :cry:

also please dont forget the selection brush and/or selection line tools.

once again thanks for reading. :D

can someone try and make something similar to srciptlab but not requiring any skills in scripts such as a task scheduler or task maker.this still isnt what i was talking about but nevertheless isstill useful.

Actually ScriptLab doesn't require any knowledge of scripting or coding. All you need to do is select the effects you want to use, select the order and settings of the effects and save the file, which can be used over and over.

Regarding your first suggestion, there is already an alternative solution called ScriptLab.

It let's you automate a series of effects, which, if I understood correctly, is what you are trying to achieve.

As to your other requests, I believe, according to here, that additional selection tools will be coming to Paint.NET in the future.

I have realised that you need no skills for scriptlab and thank you for mentioning it.I have seen the selection tools for your link and what im talking about is quite different and I believe people will prefer the line selection(thanks to the nobs) :!: to the two lasso tools requested.

can someone try and make something similar to srciptlab but not requiring any skills in scripts such as a task scheduler or task maker.this still isnt what i was talking about but nevertheless isstill useful.

Actually ScriptLab doesn't require any knowledge of scripting or coding. All you need to do is select the effects you want to use, select the order and settings of the effects and save the file, which can be used over and over.

Your revelation is much appreciated but i must admit the name "script lab" was technologically intimidating.

thanks for telling me! :mrgreen: ill try it out asap

I think there should be a lasso tool, but you use a line instead of free drawing.

Thats Precisely what I was talking About! where the space occupied by the line tool and/or brush tool would turn into selection. It would be great for accuracy and touch ups! :wink:

Lasso select???

WOW! i think i have a new avatar and sig every day! The above post may contain: junk, art, wrong spelling and a lot more!

I think there should be a lasso tool, but you use a line instead of free drawing.

Thats Precisely what I was talking About! where the space occupied by the line tool and/or brush tool would turn into selection. It would be great for accuracy and touch ups! :wink:

Lasso select???

No.what i mean Is Just Like Line tool/or the brush but what you draw/paint is replaces or adds to your current selection.

@ onemorelevel : have read the rules and had no intention of keeping my suggestion on top(if thats not what ur talking about please state) so I waited for someone to reply before replying you so that this wont be locked.

thanks for reading! :D

have gone to link.I doubt thats what i mean(if he's referring to polygonal or magnetic lasso then no).once again :imagine using the brush and whatever you brush is added to your selection(or replaces it).like wise the same but using pdn's magnificent line tool(the space occupied by the line/or brush is added).

Iv attached an image that might further your understanding.

32395_0be9f3bb3c5cc852c18141ea0a67f77f

thanks again for reading.