Chaotic tiling?

mkultra

yes i think the texture is just too complex, i'll search for a new one.

nemo: yes flipping parts around and in layers could probably work with the right blending methods.. im not so sure it would be that easy though.. i know there are plugins for photoshop for things like this, but maybe not for paint.net.. i'll look around.

nemo: yes flipping parts around and in layers could probably work with the right blending methods.. im not so sure it would be that easy though.. i know there are plugins for photoshop for things like this, but maybe not for paint.net.. i'll look around.

mkultra:

From what you've posted, the seams aren't a problem, only the sameness of the texture.

Two possibilities to vary the bark texture pattern are the Power Stretch plugin and the Twist

effect used at very low power.

mkultra:

From what you've posted, the seams aren't a problem, only the sameness of the texture.

Two possibilities to vary the bark texture pattern are the Power Stretch plugin and the Twist

mkultra:

mkultra:

mkultra:

if you haven't tried the "tile image" plugin from Curtis, try that...

It has a checkbox at the bottom that you can join edges as well as the start X and start Y on it which should make it random enough looking while still keeping it tileable

Once it has been tiled, you can smudge or play around with other distorts to make it more unique

It has a checkbox at the bottom that you can join edges as well as the start X and start Y on it which should make it random enough looking while still keeping it tileable

Once it has been tiled, you can smudge or play around with other distorts to make it more unique