i want to thank paint.net,, "thank you"

hi my name is karen.

i have windows XP home sp3

:wink: i wanted to learn to make my own cursor.

at first it was because a good friend of mine went to heaven.

and i wanted to make a cropped cursor of my friends face(who's now an angel).

first i tried "iconArt", then i tried "AniTuner", they both were ok and the results was ok, in order for the animations to work, the file had to be small to begin with .

then i bumped into paint.net, i created a wonderful cursor of my friend Jenny, she had a long battle with cancer.

why i would make a cursor of her?, why its simple, i know if she was alive today and standing here next to me , she would roll her eye's and think i'm silly, thats why i wanted to do a cursor of her.

call me a dork , i dont care, some people walk in sadness, i , instead walk with humor and luv..

thank you "paint.net".

i now have the perfect "jenny" cursor.

yours truly karen.

P.S.

is there a way to make make a cursor animated ?.

i do have to IcoCur.dll installed.

thats all i have downloaded from this site so far.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sorry to hear about your friend, as a matter of fact i did the same thing but i made an icon for a tribute file on my computer for my dad who battled cancer for 2 years. and i understand where your coming from.

it's good that you could make the cursor with PDN.

sorry i don't know what else to say but i thought i should at least reply, it's manners.

Simplicity For The Win!

Sig Battle Wins: ||

oithisissparta.png

Please Feel Free To Check Out

My Gallery

i'm sorry to hear about your friend, as a matter of fact i did the same thing but i made an icon for a tribute file on my computer for my dad who battled cancer for 2 years. and i understand where your coming from.

it's good that you could make the cursor with PDN.

sorry i don't know what else to say but i thought i should at least reply, it's manners.

------------

by chance i figured a way to make it animated, lol, its cool, you have to resize each image to cursor size , windows will except 42x42 or 32x32 in size, one u done resizing each pic or image that size, you create one new layer, when done , then you select merge down and then save, at least thats how i did it some how, sorry i did not explain it right, i'm still learning.

maybe some one here can expalin better, that would be cool.

yep , i can see jenny now, shaking her head , thinking i'm silly, lol,