how to add a coloured profile to an exsiting image?

laertes

Dear moderator,

how do I add a coloured profile to an existing image, without drawing it by hand?

is there a select or draw tool to do such a thing?

see example attached.

thanks.

32160_f2c19da8d31369dd2f1e86a67cfc9e90

thanks for taking the time to reply so soon.

I have this plug in in paint.net but I am unable to make it work as I would like. If I apply outline to the image all the image is effected, I just want to add an external thick white line.

The image I am trying to add an outline to is quite more complicated then the star, If you say I can do that with "outline" plug-in, this is gr8!..- how do I do that?

thanks

on my outline I only have "Thickness" and "Intensity" parameters.

I tried playing with them but not reaching the result. also I am not quite sure how the colour works, regardless of the colour I select it seems to be only black..

this is what I get:

the image (logo of my band :wink: )

32160_ccc0a8b6cff8d56257788ede6e834ba3

32160_ed267382418376d6015b9038b64c5071

32160_de61f49a0feef7d260b92f322754b7fd

when you are right, you are right!!!!!!!!!!!

I downloaded the file, and dropped a bunch of DLL files in the directory "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects" as prompted by the readme file. launched Paint.net go under Effect and.... don't see anything...

felling dumb now.. :?

GOT IT!!!!

I thought it may have something to do with paint.net, infact I was running an older version, after updating I can see all the new plug ins!! COOL!

still unable to make it work... I made a green box, selected the object, applied "outline object" selected red colour, changed width and nothing happens..

GOT IT!!!!

I thought it may have something to do with paint.net, infact I was running an older version, after updating I can see all the new plug ins!! COOL!

still unable to make it work... I made a green box, selected the object, applied "outline object" selected red colour, changed width and nothing happens..

When you "select" something you are only able to do stuff inside the selection. So, if you want to outline the object you mustn't select it, just draw it on a new layer and use the plugin. No selecting required.

It's good that you updated, though.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|